Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be a 10th anniversary edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grim Reaper
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Want to know, before I go and buy the game. If so, I will wait. Already got the old Pandemic, only to find out a few months later that a new edition was coming out. Don't wanna make the same mistake again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems there will be a huge map pack to celebrate the event. No word about a anniversary edition though. meeple

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/category/games/memoir44/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there is not a "special 10th anniversary edition." Just look at the 10th anniversary edition of Ticket to Ride. It is 50% bigger than the standard edition and not compatible with anything else in the series except maybe the 1910 expansion and it costs $100 to boot.

I think the D-Day map pack coming out is just right. It recognizes the 10th anniversary of the game and pays homage to those who did the nearly impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I like the old Pandemic better if that eases your mind any!

I have heard no plans for a rerelease of the base set, but the new D-Day map pack moves the game into "deep" dimensions, i.e., no longer a square board. That is a significant game changer in my opinion. I've seen Memoir's sister game Battle Cry play on a 2x3 grid of maps and it really opened up the play.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, am glad if DoW does not going any further than what they've already announced. I can't recall any Anniversary Edition to any boardgame that was very satisfactory. However, the D-Day map looks good and I, too, am hoping that the game evolves more into larger maps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
I, too, am glad if DoW does not going any further than what they've already announced. I can't recall any Anniversary Edition to any boardgame that was very satisfactory. However, the D-Day map looks good and I, too, am hoping that the game evolves more into larger maps!

I can think of one: axis and allies 50th anniversary edition. Still the best version of the game. Other than that, though, I think you're right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim_Reaper73 wrote:
Want to know, before I go and buy the game. If so, I will wait. Already got the old Pandemic, only to find out a few months later that a new edition was coming out. Don't wanna make the same mistake again.

Don't worry. There is no talk of a new edition of Memoir '44 coming out. You can buy the base game and expansions, get into this great game, and you won't be left with an outdated base game!

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmb
Nevertheless, I will speculate that a 15th year anniversary edition will be published 5 years from now - to also mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day. (Anyone else...?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrelson wrote:
Nevertheless, I will speculate that a 15th year anniversary edition will be published 5 years from now - to also mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day. (Anyone else...?)

Could be...or maybe not. Either way that's 5 years of fun from the base game and expansions!! Hours of fun and tons of scenarios played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will there be a 10th anniversary edition?"

If there will be a 10th Anniversary Edition DoW is doing a horrible job hyping it up... I am kind of surprised the D-Day map pack was announced so early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward to the map pack. I think the D-Day scenarios are some of the most challenging and fun to play. I have been hoping for deeper boards. I would still like to see an island, or half island map of two breakthrough boards with more room for ocean. I think this would be great for island hopping scenarios like the Marshall Islands or Solomon Islands or almost any island scenario.

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <
http://militarywargaming.com (gaming and miniatures)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.