Hide
3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Double Daggers or Ibtisam and a Dagger? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nils Bils
msg tools
I am having trouble deciding between two builds that are very alike. What are your thoughts on these?

Build A - 98p
Dutch Vander + R5-K6 + Ion cannon Turret
2 x (Dagger squadron + advanced sensors + heavy laser cannon)

Build B - 100p
Dutch Vander + Ion cannon Turret
Ibtisam + advanced sensors + heavy laser cannon
Dagger squadron + advanced sensors + heavy laser cannon

In A Im thinking of flying tight formation, with dutch giving tl to a Dagger, then shooting and hopefully get another TL to give to the second Dagger. This way I will sometimes have two hlc with focus and rerolls. Awesome.

If I sacrifice R5-K6 I get Ibtisam with a little higher pilot skill and ability to reroll a dice when stressed.

Right now Im leaning towards build A. What do you think?

Edit:

Ok. For some bonus points, you might also consider this list:

Build C - 100p
Wedge + R2 + Push the limit
Biggs
Chewbacca

Biggs fly wing with Wedge and keep distance in alpha strike, while chewie rushes in close, takes the first volley of hits, gets out of the way and then biggs take the second volley and wedge just wrecks havoc with tl + f every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're very similar. Squad A has a chance to give TL+Focus to both Daggers occasionally. On the other hand, Ibtisam doesn't really need a TL if she can get herself stressed every turn. And B has a Pilot Skill advantage. I'd probably go with B because it's les susceptible to action denial strategies (e.g. blocking Dutch to prevent TL sharing).

*edit* Your 3rd squad is completely different. I might consider dropping R2 unit (despite its synergy with PtL) to put Draw Their Fire on Chewie, as this could greatly extend Biggs' life... and thus your whole squad will survive longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I like both squads a lot.

I'd probably go with #2 strictly for the shoot first mentality. I think 3 ship squads need the benefit of being able to shoot first a lot of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.