Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate games that take up more of my storage area than they need to. I'm sure this has been ranted about, discussed before, but I'm currently annoyed. The family games of my youth were bad enough, small box worth of stuff and a half fold board in a box that would have been much smaller with a quarter fold board and tightly packaged bits. (I just put a set of rules in two of my Clue boxes and marveled at the extra space). I also just opened I Ate Zombies from University Games: 54 cards. That means this box should have been the size of a deck of playing cards and not the impressive little rectangle that I bought---on clearance.

Ah the shelf space that is only storing air!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am going through something similar with card games. What I would like to do is make a box with all the card games in it, but that got me thinking about box art and how much that sets the mood of the game. How many games do you pull out and play simply because the box caught you eye?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I like the smaller shelf space taken by 4 fold or more boards, I prefer half fold boards the best. To me, the more folds, the better chance of ripping the board apart at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
I am going through something similar with card games. What I would like to do is make a box with all the card games in it, but that got me thinking about box art and how much that sets the mood of the game. How many games do you pull out and play simply because the box caught you eye?

I have a size 13 converse all-stars box in my closet gathering up the smaller card games, deck boxes, and other randomness. Not eye catching, but it is easy to move around and I had a few empty and handy. Particularly, these boxes hold the card games that ripped apart because their packaging was so unforgiving. Perhaps a happy middle ground should exist, or I should just get over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it wasn't for all the air in the boxes, the shelves would collapse under the weight of all the cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.