Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Differences between 2005 untill 2014 prints? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Salvato Costa
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I tried to find this question in forum, but in vain.

I'm willing to get a TI3 2005 print, and need to know if there's some differences or some errata about this old print, and the differences in the various prints throughout the years.

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my knowledge there are no corrections in the print run, they are in the FAQ, and expansion sets (ie: providing updated replacements).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Salvato Costa
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the components quality?

Same as the first run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real correction in Later printings is that the 1st run of race sheets incorrectly list PDS's as costing 1 resources instead of 2. All other errata is fixed in Shattered Empire's replacement Technology and Action Cards.

Component quality wise, if it is a new sealed copy of the 1st print run, all the miniatures will be on sprues and you will need to cut them off with clippers and/or an X-acto knife. If you just twist them off with your hands you'll break a few of them, and most of them will have plastic burr's sticking out. If the copy is used, you'll want to question the previous owner as to if the ships were cut off cleanly or damaged when they were taken off the sprue. The newer print runs have all the miniatures already clipped and clean at the factory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Another User
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up with Steve's information:

I had a first-print sealed copy, and spent some time taking the plastic pieces off of the sprues. I ended up breaking three ships, and FFG was kind enough to ship some replacements for free! Great service! The busted ships were blue, and the replacements were a slightly lighter blue. I've since noticed that the newer versions all have a lighter blue compared to mine; the other colors seem to be the same.

The incorrect PDS cost will be on all the base game race sheets; expansion race sheets (Shattered Empire and Shards of the Throne) should have the corrected costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't the later print runs also fix the minor typo in the Xxcha ability (which I can't remember what it is at this point, I think it was very small).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Didn't the later print runs also fix the minor typo in the Xxcha ability (which I can't remember what it is at this point, I think it was very small).

They did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a color difference with some of the colors plastics.
My older copy did not match up with all the new flagships from the newest expansion as the dye lot was not the same as the older Blue and a few others.
If you get the newest sets then you should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

That typo along with another was fixed on the second print run. PDS cost was fixed on the third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Salvato Costa
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I know exactly that I have the oldest version, because the box has the "red FFG" simbol.

What, exactly, I will need to fix that errors? The last version of Errata is enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the PDS cost misprints, Shattered Empires expansion includes 5 fixed action cards, and 1 political card. If you don't want to get Shattered Empires for some reason, then you can just remember that "Direct Hit" Action Cards [there are 4 in the deck] can only be used if you are actually participating in the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
salvato wrote:
Ok, now I know exactly that I have the oldest version, because the box has the "red FFG" simbol.

What, exactly, I will need to fix that errors? The last version of Errata is enough?

The errata includes all errors, even if they were fixed in later printings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Salvato Costa
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks guys, now I know that my game is playable as any of other prints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cranium Junker wrote:
When did FFG declare this was going to be reprinted this year?

It's on their "upcoming" page: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

It's listed as a "Reprint" for a May 2014 release, and is currently "on the boat".

Quote:
I've been hearing that at Gencon a TI3 2.0 (or some other name) similar to Descent 2.0 was going to be released.

I doubt you (or anyone) has heard this from FFG directly, because it's a rumor that's been around for years now (even before Shards of the Throne came out), and has yet to see any sort of fruition.

The fact they are reprinting the game as-is should be evidence enough that they aren't actively working on a new version. (And the reprint is definitely not a new version; if it was, I guarantee there would have been a LOT more chatter on FFG's news feed about it!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Salvato Costa
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm asking the Flightmaster about sell me the fixed Race Sheet, since the error came from FFG (Yes, I'm willing to buy the right sheet).

No answer until now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salvato wrote:
I'm asking the Flightmaster about sell me the fixed Race Sheet, since the error came from FFG (Yes, I'm willing to buy the right sheet).

No answer until now.

I'd buy them if so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Heffner
Germany
Luenen
flag msg tools
I just unboxed my copy of the TI3 base game. I assume I have a 2014 print run, because the box included a Summer 2014 FFG catalogue.
I also bought Shattered Empire, so I tried insert the replacement cards with included errata.

Not all errata was fixed in my print run, I replaced some base game cards because of the errata:

- Advanced Fighters (Technology)
- Micro Technology (Technology)

These cards are simply identical, the text on base game card and replacement card is the same (-> so the errata was included in the print run):

- Open the Trade Routes (Political)

These cards from the base game include the errata but yet the replacement cards differ in the text. I assume these differences are to adapt the cards to the Shattered Empire expansion:

- Direct Hit (Action)

For me it seems, that these replacements cards doesn't contain any errata, the only for adapting the cards for the expansion:

- Assault cannon (Technology)
- Ruinous Tariff (Action)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.