17 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Serena and Raythen miniature rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex
France
flag msg tools
I've received them recently, but when I looked carrefully at them, I saw stranges things.

Does you guys have the same looking than me ?

- Serena lieutenant looks like to have almost no face, nothing from a visage, more like a mask, barely eyes and nothing more.

- Raythen's axe, his labrys, is not symmetric. It has one side smaller than the opposite (the left one). That's kind of weird.

Are all the minis like that or mines are failures ?

Because at the price, I must say i'm a bit disapointed. And Raythen is not at the good size, he is one head taller than all other dwarves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't comment on Serena but I just checked Raythen and you are right about his axe. That said, I didn't notice it at all before you mentioned it and I spent hours staring at the model last weekend while painting it.

I can't check his heigh at the moment (checked the photo I have of him no models on me) but I don't really feel it's an issue. If it had been a small model I would have been pretty disappointed to have paid that much for a smaller model. I actually really like the lieutenant model, with the huge cape, looks awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
Strangely, I was chocked at the first time I looked on it.

the size matter is not really one ont the lieutenant, since he's a lieutenant, but on the "ally/hero" miniature, which is too high, and I'm a bit disapointed.

So, no use to ask for change, all miniature have this "problem" I think.

Now, what's about Serena ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Serena ally in my pack looks fine, but the agent/lieutenant doesn't have much of a face.

I don't care about Raythen's height, though; dwarves don't need to be of uniform height any more than people do, and he's shorter than the human/elf characters. His axe doesn't seem to match the art; it looks more like one of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Serenas face is the same, only noticed it last night when I went to paint her. It's like she has no features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
So, as I was expecting, theses are not failures or something, all minis have thoses "problems".

I'm really disapointed, but there's nothing I can do, can I ?

Thanks guys for your answers, so now I'm not alone !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Selena lieutenant has no nose and her eyes looks like.. I don't know..
Spoiler (click to reveal)
pissholes in the snow
?
Her hips are extremely wide compared to the rest of her.

All in all, this is probably the worst mini I ever paid for.

Surely there must be some kind of fabrication error?

Edit: have anyone contacted FFG about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
Maybe I should, I think the same, but I do also think that Raythen is missed.

So, I will try, but I already ask game questions and I have no responses from now on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morphie wrote:
Edit: have anyone contacted FFG about this?

I sent in a note today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
good point. I don't know what they will do, if they ever do something, but I hope we will have remplacement with new miniatures and no more of thoses troubles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Doctor
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you got an answer yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They didn't say anything about how it was supposed to look, but they replaced my Serena figure, so I assume the blankness was not intentional. The face on the new one is slightly more detailed, but not a ton. So I don't know for sure if it was a production problem or if the sculpt just has lower detail on the face than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
I looked at my newly arrived model last night and think it might be the same. I will take a photo and post it later on if I remember.

Here is a shot I found of someone's painted minis:

I think theirs is the same as mine, you can see the face looks quite flat. But they have done a good job of adding feature during texture so it's difficult to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks about like my replacement one. The original didn't have a mouth at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will check mine when I get home, but I'm not entirely sure the painted example above has much of a mouth either.

When you consider these models are supposed to cost the same as the really solid and detailed Valyndra and Queen Ariad* the detail on her face is a little disappointing.

* which positively scares me - I think this is my favourite model. The dragon is cool, but not nearly as freaky!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope... she doesn't have much of a mouth. Kinda bugged me when I painted her up (feeling kinda touched that my pic was used for reference ). It bugged me at first, but in the end, I was really really happy with the way both of her minis turned out after the paint job.

I should also note that I didn't add anything extra to her face. I dunked her in a vat of dip, and PRAYED that her face would look more normal. It did.

Personally, I'm more bothered by her one, outstretched clenched fist. I don't think a hand is supposed to look like that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chasewystone wrote:
Personally, I'm more bothered by her one, outstretched clenched fist. I don't think a hand is supposed to look like that!

Look at your hand and close your fingers as much as you can without starting to make a fist. That's what she's doing. It's sculpted a bit large, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.