Hide
8 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on end of game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linda Cawley
msg tools
If a player is about to cure the last disease on their go, does there need to be at least 2 player cards left in the deck? It is unclear in the rules as this player wouldn't need to pick up any cards as the game would be won at this stage.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There needs to be at least one at the start of a turn, or you've triggered the end game condition and lose. If you meet the win condition by curing the last disease you don't need to draw any cards. So as long as there is one to start your turn, you are good to go.

meeple Keep playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Boy with the Exploding Head
United Kingdom
Cowes
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
That's going to happen, I don't think.
badge
Will I shut the holy hell up?
mbmbmbmbmb
bkunes wrote:
There needs to be at least one at the start of a turn, or you've triggered the end game condition and lose

I don't think this is quite right. You only draw cards after you've completed your actions. If you cure the last disease before you need to draw a card, you have won. If does not matter that there are no player card remaining, since the game has finished before you need to draw one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you do not lose until you have to draw a card and cannot.

Thus, you would lose at the end of the turn with 0 cards in the pile.

That's how the iOS version works anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pricero1 wrote:
bkunes wrote:
There needs to be at least one at the start of a turn, or you've triggered the end game condition and lose

I don't think this is quite right. You only draw cards after you've completed your actions. If you cure the last disease before you need to draw a card, you have won. If does not matter that there are no player card remaining, since the game has finished before you need to draw one.
Sorry, I sit corrected... RP and Daniel are correct. You don't "lose" until you have to draw cards and cannot.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
That one extra turn makes a huge difference too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does, played 3 times, won twice, both times had 1/0 cards remaining!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Huynh
msg tools
The rules clearly state "as soon as" you cure the 4th disease, you win. So as soon as you discard the required cards to cure the last disease. The. game. ends. No drawing, no infecting, nothing.

If you think anything otherwise, you are saying that the developer of the game wrote a false statement in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.