10 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Immortal and undefeated question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
François de la Boissière
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi, I just received my new spiderman expansion when i looked at Mysterio. It says in the rules that you have to beat ALL of his tactics to beat him.

That maked me think about the Immortal and undefeated tactic of Apocalipse: wwhen i pick that card and shuffle it back with the others, does that mean tthat i have to beat him ONE MORE TIME??

I guess my question is in resume: do you have to beat ALL the mastermind's tactics for good or do you just need to beat the mastermind 4 times to win the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to get Immortal and Undefeated as the last Tactic or Apocalypse is still in the game. Yes, it is possible to always draw IaU (with just two Tactics left 50-50 shot) and never beat him for good.

I prefer Mysterio's annoying, yet ultimately guaranteed beat-him-down approach (as long as you don't run out of time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François de la Boissière
Canada
flag msg tools
ok, that's what i thought.

thank you for the quick response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Have to get Immortal and Undefeated as the last Tactic or Apocalypse is still in the game. Yes, it is possible to always draw IaU (with just two Tactics left 50-50 shot) and never beat him for good.

I prefer Mysterio's annoying, yet ultimately guaranteed beat-him-down approach (as long as you don't run out of time).

Agreed. Don't get me started on that stupid Apocalypse card - I don't use Apocalypse in any of my games because of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's annoying, but I've still managed to clock in a winning record against him, 4-3 at the moment, Apocalypse is up again tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
Quote:

Agreed. Don't get me started on that stupid Apocalypse card - I don't use Apocalypse in any of my games because of it.

I sometimes just play that card as once you defeat it instead of reshuffling it you put it face up until you defeat another tactic, then shuffle it in, rinse repeat. Still tough, but manageable at least. Apocalypse is too awesome to never fight ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent game, Immortal and Undefeated came up the first 3 times that we attacked Apocalypse. All of the players thereafter unanimously agreed to shuffle that card back in to the bottom 3 cards of his tactics deck (so that the next attack on him was guaranteed to be effective). We still ended up losing with two tactics remaining in his deck (and only two cards remaining in the villain deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, lost to Apocalypse, though had nothing to do with IaU, tricky Scheme + tough hero draws. Wasn't even close really, on the turn it ended as the seventh Twist was drawn and kicking in Evil wins, would've hit Apocalypse only for the first time. And what would've been the Tactic drawn? Yep, Immortal and Undefeated, but had Ultimate Nullifier Mr. Fantastic (his rare) in the hand, that's the one trump card against IaU, since Ultimate Nullifier allows you to cancel an Enemy's (not just Villain) Fight effect and the shuffle back is a Fight effect. Just a thought for those who don't play Apocalypse at all, if you want to slightly hedge your bets, toss in Mr. Fantastic to the pool (mine happened through all random hero picks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Delfino
Brazil
Niterói
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
I was playing solo the X-cutioner´s Song Scheme against Apocalypse, that had only three tatic cards left when i got an awesome combo with the X-Force cards (Domino, Cable and Wolverine) that gave me 55 (!!!) points of attack.

So, the first tactic i´ve got was "Immortal and Undefeated". Reshuffled the three cards, and took again "Immortal and Undefeated". Reshuffled again and got "Immortal and Undefeated" one more time! Another try and could beat another tatic. Last strike with 2 tatic cards and i got "Immortal and Undefeated" again.

My reaction:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

But later, i was thinking. When i attack the mastermind i had to take the tatics one by one realizng his effects or can i draw more than one an then realize his effects in the order that i draw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, you would have to draw them one by one. The order of operations says that you would attack, then draw and resolve the tactic. For Immortal and Undefeated, that would mean shuffling it back in. Then you could attack the second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.