Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Chauvette
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is towards the thread admins and former strategy thread writers. I picked up Netrunner when it first came out and due to lack of available players it has sat on a shelf for about a year and a half. I've been wanting to look over basic playing strategy, I came to BGG looking for guidance.

Currently, there are 43 PAGES of threads in the strategy section, with the vast majority regarding conversations about a specific card or about their new deck build, which are meaningless to a new player that is still trying to learn about card timing and efficiency of action.

I request sticky be set up with a list of linked threads, with suggestions from experienced players, of what strategy articles would help brand new and developing players.

Netrunner has been at the top of the Hot List for what, a year now? If you want new players, we need to make the information accessible.

Heck, Myth's Unoffical FAQ is already sticked and that game isn't even in retail yet. And by the way, it's fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should also check out Card Game Data Base (cardgamedb.com) if you have not already done so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So nice of you to volunteer to organize this!

BGG doesn't do stickeys (that I've seen). I would suggest the following. Start a Geeklist. Use geeklist Items to organize strategy categories. Then people can post comments with links to relevant articles and when you see those comments you can update the Geeklist item. Then you can provide a link to the Geeklist in the "More Information" section of the Netrunner BGG page. The best part of all this is that no special permissions are required. YOU have the power to make this happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Information is readily available already. All you have to do is being slightly competent and know how to read.

Under the "More Information" section of the game there is a list of various links. One section is labeled "BGG FAQ FOR NEW PLAYERS". Follow those links and BAM! Many things make sense and you don't have to post the 27th thread on why there are 3 copies of a card.

Other than that there is a wealth of other links to follow both for the experience and midlevel player.

BGG is a database AND a forum site. Do not treat it as just a forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JusticeProctor wrote:

Heck, Myth's Unoffical FAQ is already sticked and that game isn't even in retail yet. And by the way, it's fun.

That's because Myth is pretty much unplayable without the FAQ, not because it's necessarily a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lynn
Canada
Salmon Arm
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I dunno If im allowed to post links to other sites, but there is exactly that in the netrunner subreddit on reddit. It's a new player guide, and always at the top of the page. I found it really handy for helping me deckbuild the first few times. Being a new player myself I still find myself referencing it once in a while. Also, using the back 3 pages of the rulebook is really handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.