Joe Maiz
United States
Palmyra
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fireflythegame.com/

In a nut shell: 3 active bounties at a given time; Anyone can go for bounties. Do the showdown/work action and either pass or fail. If you pass, you take the bounty card, with the wanted person and place them in active job area. Turn them in and get paid.

No current details on how a SHOWDOWN resolves, but I would guess its icons vs icons with a dice roll, but not necessarily fight vs fight...

Some details: There is....(wait for it).. a Bounty Deck: it contains a bounty card for every crew member with a warrent on them (Zoe, Simon, etc). Each bounty has a last location and a showdown result, also a payoff and location; some are immoral.

there are 3 active bounties at a given time. Once someone claims one, they take the card and it gets replaced. Some actions, like rescue, place the bounty card at the bottom of the bounty deck, so it is constantly cycling. You need to be in the same location as the person before starting the work action to try and capture them.

You can collect a wanted person 1 of 3 ways:
1- on planet: search the planet and find them in the Discard pile. Resolve the showdown
2- on someone else ship: You do a boarding test, and if pass, do the showdown between that captain/crew vs your captain/crew. If you pass, you collect the wanted person based on the showdown rules.
3- Person is in your crew: disgruntle the other crew members and capture the wanted person w/ a bounty.

* You can bounty jump- board someone else ship with a bound person and claim jump them. You can then keep the person as a bounty or make them a crew member & return the bounty card if you pass the showdown.
* Captured person(s) do not count towards cargo, nor the Bound by Law job does not count towards active jobs.

Excellent stuff - cannot wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jubal gets +2 Fight on a Showdown, I believe, so Fight as at least an option is a very good educated guess.

The rules for a Lone Fugitive note that during the Showdown, the Fugitive uses their best skill and Thrillin' Heroics "DO" apply. Whether these things are called out because they are exceptions or not remains to be seen.

I suspect that Showdown is either:

1) Attacker (Fight) vs Defender (Any)
2) Attacker (Any) vs Defender (Any)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little worried that this mechanic might get underused. If there are only 3 active bounties at a time, there's a decent possibility that no quarries will be available, either on a planet or in a crew. If it ends up being a problem, increasing the number of available bounties would seem like the easy fix, though.

Interesting implication, though: The "Most Wanted List" recycles when the Alliance Cruiser Nav card is drawn. Thus, if you have a Wanted crew member whose bounty is up (assuming you don't want to betray them), you want the Alliance Nav deck to cycle through as quickly as possible, meaning flying through Alliance Space with Wanted crew . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usage probably depends on the number of players and the story card. The longer the game goes and the more cards you get out the more bounty targets you'll have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
achall615 wrote:
I'm a little worried that this mechanic might get underused. If there are only 3 active bounties at a time, there's a decent possibility that no quarries will be available, either on a planet or in a crew. If it ends up being a problem, increasing the number of available bounties would seem like the easy fix, though.

Yeah, that was my thought, too. There are actually only 16 Wanted Crew right now, so the chance of them being in play at the same time as their card is... well, perhaps not as much as one would like.

I think an interesting story card would be one where only legal jobs and bounties are in play. Since most legal jobs don't pay great, I suspect there would be a lot of competition for bounties when they pop up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Maiz
United States
Palmyra
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure, but I wonder if it includes the wanted people in the Breakin Atmo deck.. If not, give me some blank cards and I will make em up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydraz
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look very good for solo play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Yeah, that was my thought, too. There are actually only 16 Wanted Crew right now, so the chance of them being in play at the same time as their card is... well, perhaps not as much as one would like.

Could be that Lawmen get an ability to draw/reveal more bounties or something of that nature?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wydraz wrote:
My thoughts too, but I'm sure a workaround could be knocked together.

edits - can't stretch three words together this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petromir Brookendil
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
achall615 wrote:

Interesting implication, though: The "Most Wanted List" recycles when the Alliance Cruiser Nav card is drawn. Thus, if you have a Wanted crew member whose bounty is up (assuming you don't want to betray them), you want the Alliance Nav deck to cycle through as quickly as possible, meaning flying through Alliance Space with Wanted crew . . .

Until a significant portion of the crew have been removed from the game (by death or special rule like saffrons) this won't be an issue. You can always cycle through a discard deck if you really want one.

The more players there are about, the more the supply decks will get cycled, the less of an issue this is.

Also without the Piracy rules it is difficult to judge the impact of this. If these looked to good on their own then Piracy rules as wwell might overwhelm the rest of the game.

Also overuse of this mechanic may make games with more players harder to keep enough crew in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wydraz wrote:

Since its main draw is player vs player, I am not surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
achall615 wrote:
I'm a little worried that this mechanic might get underused.

Thing is: if it gets used a lot, it probably adds to the playing time of an already long game. (Since if everyone only tries to trip each other, nobody gets any closer to actually winning)

It's probably a spice best used lightly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.