Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Just questioning the RNG stat. How necessary are you finding it?
I'm just going on the fly here - don't have the rules in front of me - but it's used primarily as an "awareness" indicator isn't it? As in, heroes open a door and the monsters are "out of range" so don't notice the heroes.

If I have that right, I am suggesting that it has limited use. It seems reasonable that once a door is opened there is a very small chance that in a 6x6 situation the heroes would not be noticed. I understand the exception if they are sleeping, or even taken unawares, but it seems that otherwise (realistically) when someone opens a door (a creaky, musty dungeon door no less) the occupants would take notice.

Is RNG used for anything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beto Francischinelli
Brazil
Itu
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is RNG still part of rules? I thought we scrapped that out in v4... surprisewow

If I recall correctly, "Detection" range now works per tile, not per square (normally 2 tiles, but can go to 4 if you bash doors or chests).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
erf_beto wrote:
Is RNG still part of rules? I thought we scrapped that out in v4... surprisewow

If I recall correctly, "Detection" range now works per tile, not per square (normally 2 tiles, but can go to 4 if you bash doors or chests).

I must be messed up somehow. I just played a game with RNG.
Well, I guess you anticipated my thinking modest

Just in case I "remain" oblivious, what exactly are the stats, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excuse me, as I am a newbie in this game. I had came across a few comments about v4,but I could not find them from bgg. Even from the official website for oversoul games, the version is only 3. Where can I get the link for v4 please? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Erathor wrote:
Excuse me, as I am a newbie in this game. I had came across a few comments about v4,but I could not find them from bgg. Even from the official website for oversoul games, the version is only 3. Where can I get the link for v4 please? Thank you.

Erathor, I think they are speaking about version 3 point 4. I assume they mean that's where RNG was dropped. I believe the latest playing version is 3.8. Version 4 (the whole number ) is something we are all eagerly awaiting.
Am I right on this fellows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct!
Version 4 will be the official final version that is released next.
Version 3.8.8 is the current play test version.
The playtest version will eventually turn into Version 4 (Although we are running out of numbers!) laugh

All the play test stuff is available from our old Forums.
Version 3.?.? (V4 Playtest)

Some old stuff may still refer to the Monster RNG stat, but all the new 3.? stuff should have that removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Shaun and Wilson.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.