Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So I have never come across this card, probably because everyone hates going into the secret rooms.

But I noticed this one says to discard when there are no fatigue tokens on it. Most of the other ones say to discard at the end of the quest.

Am I to assume that this can then persist between quests?

It was recently ruled that certain travel cards that are placed in the heroes play area can persist between quests.

Would you guys treat this secret room card similar?

PS. How can I make the Geek image larger than this when posting in a thread?

PPS. Thanks to zbmott and his wonderful site for the image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would say so.

It's pretty useless if you happen to draw it during a quest featuring no doors, so it makes sense that the card would remain between quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that was my first instinct. He drew it on First Blood and I was like "Man, what a pointless card" then I was like "Hmm. I will check with the Geeks".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no.

The card doesn't contradict the rule by stating it stays between quests. So it doesn't.

It's just that this card has an extra way to be discarded (by removing the last stamina token).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hankroyd wrote:

The card doesn't contradict the rule by stating it stays between quests. So it doesn't.

What rule? There is nothing in the rules that say that a secret room reward that has been claimed must be discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 20

The campaign phase

2.Cleanup:
All heroes recover all damage and all fatigue. The overlord
combines his draw and discard pile into one deck. All Condition cards
are discarded, all effects end, the map is disassembled, and the quest is generally cleaned up as the players prepare for the next one.

Would this be the rule you guys are looking for? It is kinda tricky though... maybe ask FFG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterchief1 wrote:
Rulebook page 20

The campaign phase

2.Cleanup:
are discarded, all effects end, the map is disassembled, and the quest is generally cleaned up as the players prepare for the next one.

Would this be the rule you guys are looking for? It is kinda tricky though... maybe ask FFG?

I don't really think of this card, which isn't really being utilized unless you have doors to unlock, as having an effect. Effect for me means something that is always on, like a condition or some change to your status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikola perendija
Serbia
Belegrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterchief1 wrote:
Rulebook page 20

The campaign phase

2.Cleanup:

That rule was before rumor cards, so it doesent aply to this
I discard rumor card when its tell me to do, "at the end of quest" or "if there are no fatigue tokens on it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gelbatron wrote:
Masterchief1 wrote:
Rulebook page 20

The campaign phase

2.Cleanup:

That rule was before rumor cards, so it doesent aply to this
I discard rumor card when its tell me to do, "at the end of quest" or "if there are no fatigue tokens on it"

So you are saying, that the core Rulebook doesnt matter when playing expansions : D..... think more before you blurt something out. Still, I would not make an official ruling without asking FFG, you can house rule whatever you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.