Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo R
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

-Four (or more) japanese units in banzai (or attack in a 2 player game). Are all of them eliminated with a "Ae" result?

-Two US units in a hex (marines and support unit). Are both eliminated with a "De" result in combat (not bombardment)?

I guess so, but... (bloody game, really)

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for your first question, I think all the attacking units in a Banzai attack are eliminated regardless of the die roll. Historically, they were suicidal rushes at the enemy lines that didn't leave behind much in the way of unit cohesion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Case
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1. Andrew is correct. 20.5 Banzai Attacks, second to last sentence, "The attacking units are eliminated regardless of the combat result."
#2. Yes. Both would be eliminated. 17.2 Support Units In Combat, "In combat, treat a support unit as belonging to the unit with which it is stacked." I should think this situation rare though. For your stacked units to get hit with that De result, it would have to be banzai'd with Japanese units with at least a +4 (differential + two column shift to the right), only on clear/beach terrain, and roll a "1". Not likely at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo R
Spain
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, it´s true. I missed that point (20.5).

I know, this situations will be rare but for clarity.

Thank you very much to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.