Zooloretto» Forums » General

Subject: Zooloretto on Steam (PC) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A PC-Version of Zooloretto has been released yesterday and is currently available via Steam for 5,99 € instead of the regular price of 9,99 € (offer ends April 10th).

Edit: Offer endet, so it's now available at the regular price of 9,99 €/$.

The downside of this game is, that there is no online multiplayer but only local (pass and play I guess) or singleplayer against AI opponents.

Edit: English game information from Steam, originally posted here by ackmondual:
ackmondual wrote:

About the Game:
In this addictive adaption of the award winning original boardgame, you will travel around the globe
to save the inhabitants from their abusive Zoo owners. Winning the Zooloretto game against 36
unique opponents will achieve your quest.
As the owner of a Zoo you must collect groups of animals in order to attract visitors to your Zoo. But
be careful, the zoo must be carefully managed and planned. Before you know it, you have too
many animals and no more room for them.
The game follows the rules of the board game but adds the strengths of a computer game to it.
The boardgame won more than 20 Awards, including the prestigious “Game of the Year” in
Germany. Its Zoo theme and intuitive gameplay fits perfectly with the audience of families, women
and children.

Game features:
• Based upon the rules of the boardgame and all original add-on’s
• Supports local multiplayer
• Players can play with different adjustable strengths.
• Motivating reward system that unlocks new game features
• Bonus shop enables the player to customize and improve his own Zoo.

System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: Pentium IV 1.7 Ghz
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
Graphics: 128 MB
Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ShaneOMac wrote:
A PC-Version of Zooloretto has been released yesterday and is currently available via Steam for 5,99 € instead of the regular price of 9,99 € (offer ends April 10th).

The downside of this version is, that there is no online multiplayer but only local (pass and play I guess) or singleplayer against AI opponents.

Can you still buy the normal version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who use $, it's the same figure, but replace € with $, so priced at $10 MSRP and $6 at discount.

"all original add-ons" seems encouraging, as it may be difficult to sell them separately.

Hopefully, the Bonus Shop is exciting

I didn't really enjoy having to play the game multiple times to unlock game features, but hopefully, it won't be overused.

Quote:
About the Game
In this addictive adaption of the award winning original boardgame, you will travel around the globe
to save the inhabitants from their abusive Zoo owners. Winning the Zooloretto game against 36
unique opponents will achieve your quest.
As the owner of a Zoo you must collect groups of animals in order to attract visitors to your Zoo. But
be careful, the zoo must be carefully managed and planned. Before you know it, you have too
many animals and no more room for them.
The game follows the rules of the board game but adds the strengths of a computer game to it.
The boardgame won more than 20 Awards, including the prestigious “Game of the Year” in
Germany. Its Zoo theme and intuitive gameplay fits perfectly with the audience of families, women
and children.

Game features:
• Based upon the rules of the boardgame and all original add-on’s
• Supports local multiplayer
• Players can play with different adjustable strengths.
• Motivating reward system that unlocks new game features
• Bonus shop enables the player to customize and improve his own Zoo.

System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: Pentium IV 1.7 Ghz
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
Graphics: 128 MB
Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X 9.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
ShaneOMac wrote:

The downside of this version is, that there is no online multiplayer but only local (pass and play I guess) or singleplayer against AI opponents.

normal version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
corkysru wrote:
ShaneOMac wrote:

normal version?

I misunderstood. I thought the version on sale didn't have online multiplayer but full priced version did. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, my fault. Changed "version" to "game" in the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game. My comments thus far...

-It's got a campaign mode... NICE!
-It has "special objectives", like you're in Egypt doing the real life Zooloretto thing. Filling your expansion enclosure with Camels unlocked some "postcard"
-filling up 2 enclosures gave me some achievement.
-Something unlocked the next level in the campaign despite coming in 2nd place out of 3 vs. unlocking

Annoyed how you can't seem to view the rules midgame. angry

From that one play alone, it's been worth my $6 thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.