Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone has experimented with adding the Mission Cards from FFC to a regular 5, 6 or 7-player game?

My thought was play to [8] VP's ("Victory Points"), have each player draw 3 Mission Cards, discard one, hold two, be able to Score ONE during the game during any Clean-Up/Scoring Phase (holding the other as "prevent"), two Westeros I decks, base game Westeros Deck I is Westeros Deck I(a), and FFC Westeros Deck I is Westeros Deck I(b), if mustering shows up on both cards Holder of IT decides which one is resolved, the other is ignored.

One would have to assign point values to the Mission Cards for the other 3 Houses not normally used with the FFC Mission Cards, but I think that would be pretty easy (modified 3 pointer for taking the Eyrie for Stark, 1 point in 6 or fewer players, 3 pointer in 7 player, things like this).

Thoughts?...Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would require a great deal of work to assign the points adequately. Some cards are worth 0 to house, but would be worthwhile to another. Some require simultaneous objectives (Lannisport & King's Landing) which would be much harder for non-Lannisters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember that at least one person has made a custom deck of objective cards for use with 6 players, but I don't remember where it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
I think it would require a great deal of work to assign the points adequately. Some cards are worth 0 to house, but would be worthwhile to another. Some require simultaneous objectives (Lannisport & King's Landing) which would be much harder for non-Lannisters

Really? The cards already have asymmetric VP values for each house, they could easily be used as the benchmark for the other 3 Houses, and several are all the same, 1 VP for all Knights on the game board, etc.
Going through them I found it very intuitive to imagine what the relative point value would be for each House for the Mission Card in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SFRR wrote:

Going through them I found it very intuitive to imagine what the relative point value would be for each House for the Mission Card in hand.

sure, but would your intuition match your opponent's intuitive evaluation?
Probably not, especially in the heat of a game. So that means you need to document it, ergo, needs a bunch of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger 19
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron T
Guatemala
or Western New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

is currently experimenting it in a game he started to mod,

PBF #170

Not sure if you were looking for a base game though, but he started the game with a DwD setup and DwD House cards. It might interest you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barabasse89 wrote:
Aaron T
Guatemala
or Western New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

is currently experimenting it in a game he started to mod,

PBF #170

Not sure if you were looking for a base game though, but he started the game with a DwD setup and DwD House cards. It might interest you.

Cool! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
SFRR wrote:

sure, but would your intuition match your opponent's intuitive evaluation?
Probably not, especially in the heat of a game. So that means you need to document it, ergo, needs a bunch of work.

2nd attempt posted in file uploads (probably be there within 24-48 hours from the time of this post)

Please take a look, (constructive) feedback appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.