Popular Tags: [View All]
James D
Ireland
Cork
Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have a quick question. I understand the need for the high international shipping costs ($50 is about right if not cheap for FedEx from the US to europe) but I just wanted to check if we will be getting customs/import fees on top of this delivery charge. It says under the shipping section that:
"Even though we recognize that the international shipping fees are ridiculous, they will by no means cover all of our international shipping + customs charges."

Does this mean that the shipping fees cover delivery and customs/import charges? Is it similar to the customs fees that are added to ebay.com orders when ordering? Or will we also get stung for $40 customs fees on top of the $100 for the game and $40 shipping? There's no way I am going to stump up $190 for an $80 game. Having said that I'd love to back this kickstarter.

What do people reckon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I reckon you should check whether your country charges import duty or not.
Each country is different, and charges different rates for different items, this is not a bad website to look at.
http://www.dutycalculator.com

There is no way for >Games to pay for something that only gets charged when imported to your country, you will have to pay it.
Also, it's a stab in the dark as to whether your particular package will get stopped by customs or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are seeking clarification on the language of the Kickstarter, I recommend you contact Greater Than Games directly through the "contact me" link on the right side of the project.

They might see this post and respond since they are fairly active on BGG, but they are busy with the kickstarter right now.

And if you get an answer, make sure to report back here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just posted an update addressing exactly this point. (Also, PAINTED MINIS!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Backers in the EU and Australia will absolutely not have to be any additional import fees, taxes, or duties! This does not reduce the shipping costs for this Kickstarter, unfortunately, but it does mean that the $40 you pay for shipping is ALL you'll have to pay. We'll be covering the rest of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
Ireland
Cork
Cork
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
I am in!!

Thanks guys.I used to order a bit from amazon.com and other US sites such as CSI and funagain. It worked out cheaper to buy 4 games + FedEx it to Ireland in 2-3 days than to buy the same games and courier it from the UK in 2 days! On the last delivery (of Devastation of Indines from funagain) I got smacked with an $80 import fee and the FedEx guy says that they do it on 100% of their shipments to Ireland now. If it's delivered USPS then I reckon you can take your chances with customs.

I hope the next gameplay videos are of actual gameplay. I really want this game to be great.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.