Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Paquet
Canada
Thetford Mines
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not clear if shooting at the end of a turn is mandatory or optional. Do I have to shoot even if I know that the laser is going to "kill" one of my own pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Colombo
United States
Raleigh / Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
BlueLineGameStudios.com
badge
BlueLine Game Studios - Digital Tabletop games since 2011
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not optional, the laser must be fired

To quote rule number 8:
"Once the player removes his/her hand from the piece moved during a turn, the move cannot be taken back and the laser must be fired."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Paquet
Canada
Thetford Mines
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sean,

I missed that part when reading the rules. Thank you for your answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooboo wrote:
The rules are not clear if shooting at the end of a turn is mandatory or optional. Do I have to shoot even if I know that the laser is going to "kill" one of my own pieces?
As answered, it is mandatory to shoot it. If you don't want something of yours to die, you need to think ahead to that. It's not as uncommon for both sides to accidentally miscalculate something and kill of their own pieces, or even their own pharaoh! wow

Furthermore, this is not a game "physical alignments", or if the laser misses because it was crooked, you need to draw it out anyways and follow its correct path. So the path of the laser beam also serves as a guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.