Kittens in a Blender» Forums » Variants

Subject: Box says 2 - 8... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelley J
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just bought Kittens in a Blender by Redshift. I played a version once probably a year ago. One of my first card games as an adult. I was a little shocked at the name/theme but I enjoyed it.

I recently really got into games and play in a group where there is generally 6 of us. sometimes 8. My box says 2 - 8 players which is a major reason I got it. The instructions only say 2-4 on the rule sheet. I was a little disappointed in this. Since its couples in our game days, I am going to try and have us play it in pairs. Everyone has a hand and plays their own hand, but 2 ppl are red, 2 ppl yellow, etc. Anyone ever done this before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunnar S
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this with 6 people. We sat 3 people to a side and divided into two teams. One team had two colors the other the other two. We zig zagged an switched sides for turns and the game worked great. Theoretically this would work for 8 people as well, but the expansion (if the damn thing is ever shipped) will add two more colors for a total of 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaila Olson
msg tools
My friend has the old one and we usually play in teams of 2 for each color. Works just fine for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this once with 8. We paired up players for each color and had a blast. I think the biggest conversations among team members were whether to blend or not to blend! Yes, it works just fine in my opinion. Actually considering picking up another base game to combine the two for larger groups, but then, I'll need a 2nd expansion as well…hmm. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.