Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw it announced on Spielbox. Next Expansion for this amazing game. Anyone has further info?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a couple of mentions around the forums, including word of an improve 2p game, but nothing detailed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the main details are:

(1) New map (obviously)
(2) New 2p rules, and much improved(yeah!)
(3) Coming at Essen 2014 (?)

And for many people (4) must buy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
karlfast wrote:

And for many people (4) must buy

For me it most certainly is. Thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's worrying for US gamers is that the base game is now out of print, and last word from Z-Man is that they have no current plans to re-print it. Would they release an English expansion for an OOP base game? Maybe but chances are probably slim.

On the plus side the base and 1st expansion are language independent, so there's always the option of importing German copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One has to hope that Z-man do not have the rights to the English language expansions. If they do not, or if they only have territorial rights for North America, then a UK English version should suit us all ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
What's worrying for US gamers is that the base game is now out of print, and last word from Z-Man is that they have no current plans to re-print it. Would they release an English expansion for an OOP base game? Maybe but chances are probably slim.

On the plus side the base and 1st expansion are language independent, so there's always the option of importing German copies.

I have the German edition, and it has rules in both German and English, and some UK retailers have it in stock (e.g. BoardGameGuru in the UK -- don't know if they post to the US, but you could ask).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

Although the text on the box of Argentum version is in German the rules are both in English and German so you can easily get that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tigrillo wrote:

Although the text on the box of Argentum version is in German the rules are both in English and German so you can easily get that

Which version/translation of the rules? The Z-Man one with the mistakes in? Or the original, somewhat... unidiomatic translation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Mikey Boy wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:

Which version/translation of the rules? The Z-Man one with the mistakes in? Or the original, somewhat... unidiomatic translation?

That I don't know but I expect it to be the latter. But it doesn't really matter much as you can find other versions online
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikey Boy wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:

I don't know the different versions, but my (Argentum Verlag) version has clear rules in English that I had little or no trouble understanding. I suspect it has the same translation as the Z-Man rules.

One distinction that might help is that I've seen people in the forums here talk about "kontors" -- my rules never use that word.

Edit: looking in the forums, I find that Z-Man's version uses the word "office" instead of "kontor" -- so it looks like my edition does use the Z-Man translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As someone with the Z-man version, I found it helpful to read the Argentum rules. I clarified a few rules that I either had wrong or was unclear about. Between the two I feel confident I know the official rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Post
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Here short view on the new map. Had only the opportunity to take a picture at the Heidelberger Burgevent. Great event with a lot of interesting games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Glimme
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sweet! Any info on what the new mechanics are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice!

Looks like it keeps the sea-route mechanism that was introduced in the first expansion, for that crossing to Calais.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hurrah hurrah hurrah , another expansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno how reliable the info is but SpieleOffensive.de lists the game as available from the middle of October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
prashant Maheshwari
India
Mumbai
Mahrashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
October cometh !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.