United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reposting our Netrunner Regionals Weekend information from the Atomic Empire website. We're really looking forward to this event and hope to see you there!

The Atomic Empire Regionals Weekend

Greetings Netrunner players! We will be hosting a Netrunner Regionals event here at Atomic Empire, as well as a Friday night draft!

I'm very excited about this event! We have tournament kits, extra alt art cards, and door prizes to give away at both events. We're looking forward to seeing you in June!

Regionals - June 21st

Where: Atomic Empire. Location and directions information are here.

When: June 21st at 11:00 AM sharp. Doors open at 10:00; please be there by 10:30 to register, or, even better...

Pre-registration: Pre-registration is available for the Regionals event. Pre-registration enters you into a drawing for a set of acrylic bits (see below).

Entry Fee: $10

Legality: By FFG's tournament rules, all cards with a street date on or before June 21st will be legal for the event.

How: FFG's tournament rules are available here. We will do Swiss rounds followed by a single elimination cut, both based on the number of players. Deck lists and sleeves are required. You may also want to familiarize yourself with the FAQ.

Like last year, we will be streaming the top table live. I'll post the links here once I have them.

Prizes:

From FFG:
- One acrylic 2014 Regional trophy and one certificate granting the winner a bye at a National Championship
- Four double-sided, spot-glossed identity cards featuring Andromeda and Cerebral Imaging
- Eight Regional Top 8 playmats
- Sixteen packs of ten acrylic virus tokens
- Sixty-four alternate art cards

We also have copies of of the alt art versions of Kati Jones, Wyldside, Melange Mining Corp, and Scorched Earth that we will be giving out.

Last, we have a door prize that'll be given to one random player who pre-registers for the event:

Pre-register now for a chance to win this set of bits! We're really looking forward to this event, and hope to see you there. And, if you have Friday night free...

Pre-Regionals Draft - June 20th

Where: Atomic Empire. Location and directions information are here.

When: June 20th at 6:00 PM sharp. Please be there by 5:30 to register, or, even better...

Pre-registration: We have online pre-registration set up for the event. Just like the Regionals event, we'll do a drawing for a set of acrylic bits from all the players who pre-register for the draft.

Entry Fee: $25

How: Information on the draft format for Netrunner can be found here. Drafting will start at 6:00 sharp, afterwards you build your decks. We will do Swiss rounds followed by a single elimination cut, both based on the number of players. By FFG's tournament rules, sleeves will be required. You may also want to familiarize yourself with the FAQ.

Please note that the cost of the event does not include the cost of the Draft Starter. You can purchase the Draft Starter at the event, or feel free to bring your own. You may not bring your own Draft Packs; those will be provided.

Prizes: We will be using the FFG Tournament Kit as prize support for the event:

From FFG:
- One playmat for the tournament champion, depicting Silhouette planning a run on a Jinteki headquarters
- Two alternate art versions of Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future
- Seventeen alternate art versions of Wyldside
- Two deck boxes – one Criminal and one Jinteki – for the champion and runner-up

Like the Regionals, we also have a door prize of another set of the same acrylic bits for one random player who pre-registers for the event.

If you have any questions, please ask here or feel free to e-mail me. See you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to be clear, for the draft event - we will need to sleeve our drafted decks for play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming that FFG's tournament rules apply to Draft as well as Constructed, then yes. Bring some sleeves for Draft.

Think you'll be able to make it, Lee? It's been too long!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick bump to this since the event is this weekend! We're up to about 40 preregistered so far.

Looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if anyone out there wants to watch, here's the link!

http://www.twitch.tv/atomicempire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Epperson

Tennessee
msg tools
To all of the DC/ Virginia players that came: you guys brought your A game and it was great to play against the ones I faced. Good people makes a good tournament no matter the results. Hope you guys had a good time in NC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for coming out! We started the day with 66 players. I plan on writing up a full report from the TO side of things, but I need a day or two.

We will be posting the top decklists, youtube videos for the games we taped, and standings in a day or two. I'll post here, so stay tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
great turnout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Briley
msg tools
sonatinas wrote:
To all of the DC/ Virginia players that came: you guys brought your A game and it was great to play against the ones I faced. Good people makes a good tournament no matter the results. Hope you guys had a good time in NC.

Thanks Josh! It was great to play against all the people from the area, the meta there has some of the best people both in terms of skill and personality I've seen. Your Corp deck really made me reevaluate how I play runner. Hopefully we get the chance to play again soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Chvatal
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sonatinas wrote:

Agreed, it was cool to see the huge crowd and get to meet some people I don't get to play regularly.

Now I just need to live down the shame of my public humiliation on the stream gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok all, here are links to the final standings, Youtube videos, and winning decklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.