Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, it says that you can choose which cards from the discard pile that you want to remove from the game to cast your spells... Why does it matter which ones you choose? There's no way to use the discard pile except to cast spells anyway.... Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Canada
Orangeville
Ontario
flag msg tools
joemomma wrote:
In the rules, it says that you can choose which cards from the discard pile that you want to remove from the game to cast your spells... Why does it matter which ones you choose? There's no way to use the discard pile except to cast spells anyway.... Am I missing something?

If you are playing with the Dark Premonitions and Happy Dreams expansion there is a card: "If two green door cards are on the table, take one nightmare card from the discard pile and put it in the limbo pile". So if you are casting spells and can choose cards...get rid of the nightmare cards and it will nullify this card. This has only happened once for me so far, while it isn't strictly mentioned in the rules what happens if there are no nightmare cards in the discard pile when this card is triggered, I assume you just ignore and discard it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotchya... Thanks for the response... Figured it had to do with the other expansions that I hadn't gotten to yet but guess I was too lazy to read... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.