Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a trip with us to the 90's, where the world's most dangerous criminals were often pursued and captured by young children. In "Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?" players travel the US searching for stolen national landmarks, obtaining a warrant, and arresting criminals with extremely punny names. This board game version swaps the cumbersome nature of reading an encyclopedia for the streamlined simplicity of multiple choice questions...but can our panel of gumshoes stop VILE with their knowledge of elementary-level geography, or will Carmen Sandiego escape yet again? Plus, in this week's battle of wits, Professor Laserbooks presents an old favorite with a new twist...

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2014/04/episode-51-where-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I might as well be the person to post this, since someone will!

There'd better be plenty of references to this song in the episode!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
I might as well be the person to post this, since someone will!

There'd better be plenty of references to this song in the episode!!

Omg, this brought me back to when I watched the cartoon and the game show. So much win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugely enjoyable episode, although not a show I'm familiar with except for reports by Americans about it due to... Britain. And this week's battle of wits was hilarious.

Though... Kid's Ninja Warrior would be the British show, Knightmare, surely? 8 winning in 8 seasons, including two seasons without a successful quest (1 and 3; 2 and I think 7 had two), in a team against house show... With the prize of a trophy (At least in later seasons they upped that to a trophy for each member of the team...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jameson
United States
Copake
New York
flag msg tools
RAYGUN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you check Grover, Grelaware? I hear it's the capital.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the flashback to the best kids gameshow ever! My aunt's friend had the whole collection of games on floppy. I got to borrow them and ended up getting to pick one to keep. My choice was the Europe version. I had a copy of the Time version but mostly would play it to go to the coffee machine before starting the assignment whistle. The game did have the mechanic you talked of adding as far as you could lose any chance of catching the crook if you went to too many wrong locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Phaedrus
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Heh... one of the Carmen Sandiego episodes linked to from that lyric video is that rarest of rare birds, an actual trip win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Look over there! --------->
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought for sure you guys would mention this:

One of my favorite dissections and analysis of the Carmen Sandiego end game runs.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/4/4/4174436/carmen-sandiego-afr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Florence
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved the shawarma song at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just finished the episode. Bance-apella is one of my favorite things you've ever done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you liked BANCE-apella! I had some help from this year's Iron GM at TotalCon, Chris Pierce, with putting that together!

Love the article about the Africa map! Gonna post that over on our Facebook group!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh cool, he was awesome in my Fiasco group. Good guy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt franz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Cardboard Carnage Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
That ending rendition of your theme song was an all time great moment. How oh how was Gary busie not picked.....one of the best answers ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Bravo, sirs! I feel like congratulations are in order after that phenomenal conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I nominate "Quiz and Move" as the name of the mechanism here (and in Gone Birdin') followed by a chorus of "Correct!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Look over there! --------->
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't find the video of it since NBC is really stingy with online video but who remembers the SNL skit from 1995 with Bob Saget of
"Where in the World is San Diego, California" ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.