16 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: 3 Waves of Tournament Bricks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Tripp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was at my FLGS today seeing if they ordered enough bricks to support 2 sets of the collective. The manager opened up the order form and then asked me which one and I told him there is only one then he turned the monitor around and showed that there was in fact 3 waves of bricks. I dont have a link to prove this claim but I got the SKUs

WZK71645-wave1
WZK71645-wave2
WZK71645-wave3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roynaldo wrote:
I was at my FLGS today seeing if they ordered enough bricks to support 2 sets of the collective. The manager opened up the order form and then asked me which one and I told him there is only one then he turned the monitor around and showed that there was in fact 3 waves of bricks. I dont have a link to prove this claim but I got the SKUs

WZK71645-wave1
WZK71645-wave2
WZK71645-wave3

I think those are just the OP events.

The 'Collective' event comes with three SKUs for each month's kit, and one SKU for the 'brick', meant to be used over all three months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Tripp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Roynaldo wrote:

WZK71645-wave1
WZK71645-wave2
WZK71645-wave3

I think those are just the OP events.

The 'Collective' event comes with three SKUs for each month's kit, and one SKU for the 'brick', meant to be used over all three months.

The OPs have their own seperate SKUs and the events aren't called waves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably the same brick with different shipping times so that they arrive with each OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is the bricks are optional.

There's is op 1-3 and op 1-3 with brick. So will be 6 different sku. Stores can choose to run the brick every month or just some months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Tripp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
My understanding is the bricks are optional.

There's is op 1-3 and op 1-3 with brick. So will be 6 different sku. Stores can choose to run the brick every month or just some months.

That may be true but why would they call them waves and not op1 op2 and so on.
The fact that they refer to them as waves(like they call actual ship releases) makes me think there will be 15 ships in total involved in the blind buy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roynaldo wrote:

WZK71645-wave1
WZK71645-wave2
WZK71645-wave3

Those SKU's are for the prize support for each of the three months events. For each one os those prize sku's that you order, your venue will be able to order one of the sealed bricks

Quote:
Stores may order one (1) Star Trek: Attack Wing Tournament Brick (SKU 71645) for each Month One (71508), Month Two (71509),
and Month Three (71510) OP kits they order, while supplies last. Booster Bricks will arrive with their respective monthly
kits. Please contact your distributor for your allocation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual SKU number that you're mentioning (WZK71645) contains the following items;

Quote:
OP Kit Contents:
• Three (3) Limited Edition Competitive Prizes
• 10 Limited Edition Participation Prizes.
• 5 Sets of Limited Edition Map Elements
• One (1) Organized Play Addendum/Instruction Sheet outlining suggested event format.

There is no wave 1, 2, 3 unless your distributer is labeling the OP prize kits something weird. All three OP prize kits have different SKUs and the blind bricks have their own SKU as well. It has been confirmed that there are "Five ALL-NEW Star Trek: Attack Wing ships found only in The Collective Tournament Bricks!" direct from WK. There are three LE prize ships on top of those that are available in the OP prize kits.

~sorry for the double post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
The million dollar question:

1 brick will contain 10 ships.
There will be 5 different ships, 2 of each ship.

Will the brick from Borg 1 contain the same set of ships as brick from Borg 2 (and 3)?
[my guess is this ^^^] So if you play in the events using the brick you could (potentially) end up with 3 of the 5 brick ships.

OR

Will the brick from Borg 1, 2 and 3 contain a different set of 5 ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Every single piece of information from Wizkids has been 1 set of 5 ships for all 3 months of the Collective OP.

Further they are flat collated rarity meaning each "brick" of 10 should contain 2 of each ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Tripp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I remember reading somewhere that the collective was actually 2 3 month tournaments with their own big prize so when I saw the 3 waves of bricks I thought it would be wave 1 for moth 1 & 2 wave 2 for month 3 & month 1 of the next op then wave 3 for month 2 & 3

I will go back tomorrow and check those release dates because I could be entirely wrong and trust me I hope I am wrong cause 15 LE ships would be messed up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:
Every single piece of information from Wizkids has been 1 set of 5 ships for all 3 months of the Collective OP.

Further they are flat collated rarity meaning each "brick" of 10 should contain 2 of each ship.

Awesome!

Thank you for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We really need Wizkids to announce details for the Tholian, Arena, and Collective scenarios....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:

This is wrong, they have said it's the same brick up to 3 times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
jiffk wrote:
alepperd wrote:

I think we're saying the same thing. One brick for all three months, not a different brick each month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
alepperd wrote:

Where are you seeing this? I just figure having a link would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.