Tokaido: Felicia Promo Card» Forums » General

Subject: Tabletop day Felicia character promo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this thread there is mention of a Tokaido Felicia character promo for tabletop day:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1147541/promos-for-table...

Is this one of the 16 new characters in the kickstarter? Or an entirely new character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New character !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
New character !

So no 'supercute' mini for those who pledged at the Samurai level?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archive77 wrote:
toinito wrote:
New character !

So no 'supercute' mini for those who pledged at the Samurai level?

I personally think that's highly unlikely, though that would be pretty awesome little surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This promo and the CE are two different things, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this character intended to be card-only (no mini produced, even outside of the CE Kickstarter)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Litespeed Rider wrote:
Is this character intended to be card-only (no mini produced, even outside of the CE Kickstarter)?

I'd buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Litespeed Rider wrote:

I'd buy it.

Me too. But at least the tile should be the same quality and thickness of the CE tiles. And I wouldn't mind shelling out some money for a painted mini, as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately all the stores in my area only purchased the regular promo kit and did not order the premium promo kit. The premium promo kit was very expensive.

From what I understand, the Felicia promo only came with the premium kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
appleb wrote:
Unfortunately all the stores in my area only purchased the regular promo kit and did not order the premium promo kit. The premium promo kit was very expensive.

From what I understand, the Felicia promo only came with the premium kit.

I ran a TableTopDay event in the area (just got back) and yes, the Tokaido promo is only if you spent good money for the premium kit.

Time to start scrounging ebay and the BGG marketplace...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone's ITTD event have these? I stopped by at 2 different events, and neither of them had gone in on the full-boat promo items.

This was the one promo I was looking for, and it seems that not a lot of these went out. Doesn't bode well for finding one cheaply. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antoine,

Many times these types of promos end up in the hands of the manufacturers, have you received any of these, and if so, can the true fans that you've seen posting here get one through FF somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this promo will be available on the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like someone's TTD had these, since there is exactly 1 on eBay now. Oh...and it's already been bid up to $23 shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:
Looks like someone's TTD had these, since there is exactly 1 on eBay now. Oh...and it's already been bid up to $23 shake

Ok I have now looked at her... so how does she work in-game? I'm guessing she can dodge paying for a card by winning a game of Rock-Scissors-Paper with an opponent, but confirmation would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter J
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:

There are 3 now... but all from the same seller. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
appleb wrote:
weezknight wrote:

There are 3 now... but all from the same seller. soblue

I think the "premium" promo pack for retailers included 8 of the Tokaido Felicia cards, so it wouldn't surprise me that individual people would be selling multiples.

Hopefully FF can find a way to get these to people who were actively trying to locate them on TTD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has ANYONE seen one of these? I ran an event and the LGS that sponsored me got 2 premium kits, but we didn't see ANY of the Tokaido promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire way of giving these out has been stupid. Nobody knew where to find them. I was at the ACTUAL Tabletop Day in Los Angeles with Felicia and Wil and I never even saw them.
So now the actual fans of the game are out of luck unless they pay ridiculous ebay prices to people who don't care about the game.
Hardly a good way to thank your fans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I looked on eBay, and I can't find it. Anyone know what it looks like or does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I looked on eBay, and I can't find it. Anyone know what it looks like or does?

I hope this link works:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

I apologize for the HTML mess otherwise.
I'm still not 100% sure what the iconography means on how it works in-game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 5 on ebay right now.
The iconography is a bit confusing, but it looks like Felicia can get a souvenir for free if she wins a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryansdavis wrote:
There are 5 on ebay right now.
The iconography is a bit confusing, but it looks like Felicia can get a souvenir for free if she wins a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Those 5 are all offered by the same seller. Maybe he was the only retailer to buy the full promo pack. With stuff like this, how often does it actually end up in the players' hands, as designed, versus sitting in the dealers' coffers collecting value?

The whole distribution by "tiers" was ridiculous to begin with. As I said, I went to 2 different events, and I didn't see them handing out ANY promos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I did some searching and discovered that even if you got the packs you got like 2-3 of most promos...I'm going to assume any game store throwing any event would have a few dozen attendees?

And the deluxe pack, while it was hard to get details, was basically an overpriced kit to advertise the branding of the web series rather than something of actual benefit to stores and players.

I'm actually kind of disappointed with any of the companies that participated in this nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Tompkins
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why Fun Forge would not reprint this and make it available. It is poor business to make something that most people had no shot at getting in the first place.
AEG seems to have the right idea as they will make the Table Top Day "Geek" faction available to everyone when they actually print them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.