Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was skimming through the forums and the online rules - and I'd rather have this clarified.

It is stated that to conquer territories had its costs (the invasion itself, and occupation forces mainly) - but I've found whatsoever no reference at what is the benefit to have conquered countries.
Surely there would be natural resources, manpower, etc to exploit as well.

Have I missed something, or? (I'd have thought that the Factory City count 1 instead of 2 as per the Homeland ones, but I've not found that so... Neither there is a "plunder on conquest" one shot go benefit.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cohen wrote:
I was skimming through the forums and the online rules - and I'd rather have this clarified.

It is stated that to conquer territories had its costs (the invasion itself, and occupation forces mainly) - but I've found whatsoever no reference at what is the benefit to have conquered countries.
Surely there would be natural resources, manpower, etc to exploit as well.

Have I missed something, or? (I'd have thought that the Factory City count 1 instead of 2 as per the Homeland ones, but I've not found that so... Neither there is a "plunder on conquest" one shot go benefit.)

Ciao Alberto,

The benefits for conquering a country are found in steps 2-4 of the Conquered Country rule 13.2.2.

- All factions receive the benefit of Pro-Faction markers.
- Germany and the USSR receive the benefit of increasing their National Will.
- Depending on the country conquered, Germany and the USSR may also receive the benefit of having a Disputed Area ceded to their country. The ceded Disputed Area will increase the territory and comes with a factory that is added to their total.
- Once conquered, a country cannot come back in the game.

In general I decided that increasing National Will worked better mechanically as a representation of exploitation than increasing production.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the clarification.
Not being personally convinced, but that's a different tale. It sounds totally not convenient to conquest other minors unless strictly needed, as to move units - and as they can take damage - it will cost production points, when instead Germany can build up more and more with those production points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is intentional that going to war with a country is not necessarily something you actively want to do. Even Hitler tried to be selective with the countries Germany invaded. As you talk about, there should be some strategic purpose involved. I purposely designed the game to put players in that position of having to decide for themselves if it is worth doing.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.