Hide
5 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lou ta
msg tools
Hi there. I have the following questions.

1)Is it possible to put a slide token on the coal chute? This will make the explorer go straight down to the basement possibly from the top floor all the way down.

2)If an explorer is trapped in debris and was moved into a different due to some conditions/scenario, is he free from the debris.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Junttila
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
1) Why not?
2) I've never seen it happen, so unless you have a specific example, I wouldn't care too much.

The rules as written are ambiguous (at least in the 1st edition) so I have given up preparing for rare occurrences. Even the long FAQ is incomplete. Whenever there is a rules question, we resolve it in a way that makes most sense thematically or is otherwise enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkyl wrote:

1)Is it possible to put a slide token on the coal chute? This will make the explorer go straight down to the basement possibly from the top floor all the way down.

2)If an explorer is trapped in debris and was moved into a different due to some conditions/scenario, is he free from the debris.

Thanks.

1) yes
2) yes, if you draw an event that causes you to go to another room (like the fake wall) then you get move. Events Trump location cards. The location text only comes into effect when you end a turn in a room, enter a room, or try to move out of the room on your own. Events are an exception as they end your turn and do something to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lou ta
msg tools
Hi all.

Thxs for the clarification. Enjoy your games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
tkyl wrote:

espen wrote:
1) Why not?

Because that's now how the slide token works!

You can't put the slide token on the coal chute.

You put the slide token in the room where you discover it, or in case you are in the basement you put it in the room the next player is. Nobody will ever be in the coal chute, so it's impossible to ever put the slide token on the coal chute.

Every time you use the slide, you roll to see if you control it, or it controls you, but you don't ever move the slide token.
You can still end up going all the way from the slide token to the basement, either by rolling high and deciding to go all the way down, or by rolling low and drawing a basement tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.