United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done three different layouts for a custom wooden organizer. There has been a verity of feed back as to what people want and what one should come to market. Please post any additional comments below. Why you selected the option would be very helpful.

Edit: if it is helpful there are 1,050 cards available currently.

Poll
The Broken Token is trying to decide what of the three below designs to bring to market. Please choose the one that you would like to see produced.

All sleeved card counts are based on Dragon Shield card sleeves (0.55mm thick), using other companies sleeves will increase the final sleeved card count of the box.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Horizontal storage (game board fits in box): holds approximately 1,254 sleeved cards & 2,296 un-sleeved cards
75.0% 30
Vertical storage (game board removed from box): holds approximately 1,755 sleeved cards & 3,329 un-sleeved cards
12.5% 5
Vertical tilted storage (game board fits in box): holds approximately 1,131 sleeved cards & 2,071 un-sleeved cards
12.5% 5
Voters 40
This poll is now closed.   40 answers
Poll created by treebeardtheent
Closes: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:00 am

Thanks!

Edit: If you are interested in other projects the I am working on you can find them in this geek list:
Wood/Foam-core Box Organizer Design List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris [REDACTED]
United States
Arkham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used the Fantasy Flight Standard sleeves for Legendary, and they're always too tall (by 1-2mm) for all these custom dividers. People tend to craft them using Mayday sizes, or by using the dimensions of the card.

It'd be nice to have just those few extra millimeters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I design using FF sleeve height, Dragon shield thickness, and... I forgot the name of the company that makes the sleeves a little wider then everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I voted for Horizontal with board in the case for the following reasons:

I like the dividers that come with the game as it allows me to better identify the cards at a glance due to printing over them with custom header info (many dividers on the file sections for this game on BGG).

I like to keep all the pieces of any given game on ONE enclosure, hence why I want to keep the board within the box, as it also protects it from harm and "accidentally" being tossed/lost/taken bu people who come over for game nights.

If it comes to a point where the game cannot fit in its entirety in one single box, I would get a second box and still keep ease of access with the cards being horizontal. Keep in mind that the people who would buy this product, more often that not, already have the capital to invest further in the game as to own a second enclosure for the game.

I know every person is different, but these are my 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found The Broken Token this week and was lamenting the fact they didn't have a legendary organizer, the game I consider in most desperate need of the games I own. I don't care about the orientation as long as I can put the board in the box. I don't see the point of an organizer if I can't keep everything in one place.

Now to get to labeling my dividers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Vertical - Removed board. Because I would like to store as many cards as possible and I'll just put the board on top and have some lift to the lid.

What I would really like is for someone to redesign the game board so that it can be printed on mouse pad type material and is the size of the game box. So it would fit nicely on top of the organizer, won't cause too much lift and won't tear like my current one is starting to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be 1,050 cards currently

500 core set
350 dark city
100 fantastic four
100 paint the town red

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I miss read the BGG entry's for the two small sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary is Done! Thank you to all that participated in the polls and gave input in what you were looking for in an organizer for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And I just ordered it along with a Dice Tower! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the organizer and now have tons of room in the box... maybe too much room. Now I need to do the fancy labeled dividers. When is someone going to start selling those online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coopasonic wrote:
Now I need to do the fancy labeled dividers. When is someone going to start selling those online?

Yes! I would buy them, I'll never go to the trouble of making or getting them printed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
coopasonic wrote:
Now I need to do the fancy labeled dividers. When is someone going to start selling those online?

Yes! I would buy them, I'll never go to the trouble of making or getting them printed!

I agree! I need more of the dividers! And I don't even have PTTR yet! If anyone finds someone selling even the old ones (that I can glue temporary divider names on)... let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.