Popular Tags: [View All]
Harold Crossley
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Here is my Shapeways FUD 1/5000 Defiant and Saber with the STAW Defiant next to it.

I plan to run the defiant as the USS Defiant and the saber as regular Defiant Class starship.

To paint I washed and cleaned the prints, then I primed with a black undercoat. I then built up the grey with an airbrush up to an almost white for some of the highlighting. Then I pulled up a picture on my computer and tried to copy it as close I could.

I'm very happy how it turned out. If you look very close it's not very "precise" but it looks great on the tabletop.

I haven't played a game yet, but I hope to get some games in this coming monday at my local store. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, the shapeways Defiant is now more show accurate than the actual model.

the "fuzzyness" due to the way 3-d printers work is not bad at all for a model of this size, makes me want to run a saber as a defiant class myself.

Only advice i would give is just be clear on what your saber is proxying for, people can be weird about stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do we not have a Sabre class yet in game? It was one of the first ships to come out in Heroclix, so it is one of the oldest of the existing models, but they haven't made use of it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Why do we not have a Sabre class yet in game? It was one of the first ships to come out in Heroclix, so it is one of the oldest of the existing models, but they haven't made use of it yet.

It's probably an OP exclusive during the Collective cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:

Probably because they use screen shots for captain and crew. We have never seen anything but the ship itself on screen for the saber class. There is soo much on screem content still to go, it would not surprise me that we would have to wait a while before we see one. They would have to make up everything for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

Probably because they use screen shots for captain and crew. We have never seen anything but the ship itself on screen for the saber class. There is soo much on screem content still to go, it would not surprise me that we would have to wait a while before we see one. They would have to make up everything for it.

I think we can do that:

Federation Captain: Skill 6 (to piss off the Sisko people) May randomly lose ship to unknown anomaly/alien computer virus.

Federation Officer: May aim with the skill of a storm trooper when defending against boarding party.

Federation Crew member: May be discarded in ever more inventive and horrific ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.