6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] n00b Blackguard Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Andersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hey just got into this game, and because I always get very over-eager about these sort of things, I got a full set of cards (well almost, the third core is on its way in the mail). But anyway, this is my first attempt at building a deck. Once I get my hands on Honor and Profit I am gonna retrofit it to use Silhouette.

Identity:
Undecided, but currently leaning towards: Andromeda (Humanity's Shadow)

Total Cards: 45

Events (18):
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Infiltration (Core) x3
Inside Job (Core) x 3
Satellite Uplink (Trace Amount) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3

Hardware(5):
Lemuria Codecracker (Core) x2
Blackguard (Fear and Loathing) x3

Program (12):
Gorman Drip v1 (Opening Moves) x2
Snitch (Cyber Exodus) x2
Corroder (Core) x2 **
Gordian Blade (Core) x2 ***
Ninja (Core) x2
Femme Fatale (Core) x2

Resource(10):
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
Compromised Employee (Trace Amount) x3
Crash Space (Core) x3
Xanadu (Humanity's Shadow) x2 **

So a straightforward breaker suite and economy and then the rest of the cards is used to take advantage of Blackguard.
Xanadu is used to drain the corp a bit more when I expose Ice and Compromised Employee is used to give me a little extra for the same.

I may get rid of Gorman Drip to make room for 1 more Snitch, but I don't really know if Snitch stacks?
Currently I am using Crash Space instead of Plascrete because I don't really know how the Meta is where I am gonna play, so I would rather have a bit more utility, if Tag'n bag is not that prevalent.
I am not sure about my breaker suite, I may want to just use Femme as my Sentry breaker. I may also want to move some stuff around and get Knight in there.

As for the transition to using Silhouette I am definitely getting rid of Lemuria Codecracker, as Silhoutte gives the same ability, but cheaper.
So what do you guys think?

Edit:
Ok i have removed Xanadu and Goreman Drip
and put in:
Emergency Shutdown x2
Lucky Find x2
I like the idea of more burst economy more than Modded, since Modded would pretty much only be used to install Blackguard. With lucky find I have a bit more utility. I have also taken out 1 x Satellite Uplink to make room for one more Snitch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Schulte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you need emergency shutdown to punish the runner after forcing them to rez big ice. I'm not sure how much I like Xanadu either. And there wouldn't be any point to having multiple snitches. I think you could go 3xSnitch to see it early and ditch satellite uplink. Also I think you are going to want to see more burst econ early to maybe get blackguard out on turn 1 or 2 reliably if you go with Andy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
This might be an Andromeda deck that loves modded. Blackguard is expensive, and you've got the huge starting hand that goes really well with first turn modded. Could go over Xanadu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo the need for emergency shutdown, at least 2 would be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been running a Blackguard Deck and have learned that Xanadu is not a good choice.

You'll be keeping the Corp absolutely broke with Blackguard/Snitch plus Account Siphons. Xanadu is pretty unnecessary, since most of the time they won't even be able to afford it. You want to keep them at that threshold where they can still afford to rez it so you can shut it down again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bobberson
msg tools
I'd find room for forged activation orders in any blackguard deck. You don't use it traditionally to scout out ice and hurt the corp's early Econ. Rather you use it mid game once you get blackguard set up to trash troublesome ice. With snitch you'll know the entire board anyhow, and with blackguard you have a lot of control over their credit pool.

Because of this ability to trash big ice, and because of blackguard's 2 MU, I think you have even more incentive to run 3 data suckers, yog, and maybe mimic instead of Gordian and ninja.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.