Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly this is the only Chewbacca I'm missing from the early sets (up until Force Unleashed).
Looking at his stats I still find it to be an incredibly piece, even today.
His Bodyguard ability paired with 120 hits points is his killer application for me, is there anything else that comes even close?
But with all his other abilties he is really flexible and useful in any squad.
He is a great support piece and a key piece at once.
And all that with just 30 points is simply amazing.

Would you still invest in him today if you did not have him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd make a copy of the card and proxy in another chewie model, just to see how he plays.

Wouldn't spend $$$ to get one, but, I'm not a collector.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
He is probably the best Chewie that they did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ugavine wrote:

True, but how is he in relation to other figures as there are so many other great figures out there?

Personally I'm not a big fan of bodyguard do to the various area attacks/effects and also the limitations in movement/cover decisions. But then again, I do play mostly theme teams so in that regard I do consider this chewie but I also really like the enraged chewie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheddarpaw wrote:
Ugavine wrote:

True, but how is he in relation to other figures as there are so many other great figures out there?

Personally I'm not a big fan of bodyguard do to the various area attacks/effects and also the limitations in movement/cover decisions. But then again, I do play mostly theme teams so in that regard I do consider this chewie but I also really like the enraged chewie.

But the enraged Chewie has Defense 13 and Savage, which are pretty harsh drawbacks, at least for me.
How do you use him, who do you field with him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, basically the only way to get more mileage out of him is to have an Empathy provider. I only have the wrangler to mitigate the savage. Granted, given his high point cost with the wrangler and low def it is a high point sink that will make your team not that competitive, but he is reasonably tough and can dish out heavy damage.

For him usually I would run a nearly all wookiee squad as I love them. So you probably know most of them are not that great but some are pretty good. If you have just a little more luck than your opponent it does well. I like to keep stronger themes for the team rather than min/maxing just for competitiveness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chewbacca Enraged Wookiee is the game's only Savage shooter. So if you can stay 12 away from the enemy you can shoot them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.