Scott McGill
New Zealand
Wellington
Waikato
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy!

So I'm pretty sure it's explained well enough in the PDF of the rules, but, as a person that loves to ask "BUT WHY?" way too much, here is how I think the timing on card interactions breaks down in this game.

I put this together just to help smooth out disputes over when things come back, spring up, or generally do things that might make a difference to the outcomes and options of card play...

...for the most part it's a gross over-complication of a pretty elegant system.

NOTE: This is all extrapolated and not confirmed by the designer. this is also only a break down of a 2 player game.

---Start of a new round---
1) Discard any element currently in played defensively (ignore this in round 1.)
2) Return all powers and elements from their discard piles to your "hand" of available cards.
3) All players roll a D6.
4) Highest player chooses which player starts the round.
5) Players take alternating turns in order until no further cards can be played.
6) Begin a new round.

---Turn---
Choose one of the following options:
a) Use an Active Element Defensively.
b) Use an Active Element Offensively.
c) Use an Active Special Power (possibly in conjunction with 1 or more elements).
d) Pass.

-a) Use an Active Element Defensively
1) Place an active element front of you in the defense position(discard any element already in this spot.)
2) You may attach an active defensive power to that card and apply it's effects, if any.
3) Use this cards defensive abilities now.
4) End your turn.

-b) Use an Active Element Offensively
1) Place an active element front of you in the offense position and target your opponent.
2) You may attach an active offensive power to that card and apply it's effects, if any.
3) Check to see if damage is blocked by the defensive card of your opponent (if any).
4) If the defensive card of your opponent has an ability that activates when attacked, it activates now.
5) Check to see if damage is amplified by the defensive card of your opponent.
6) If damage was blocked or amplified by the defensive card of your opponent, discard the opponents defense card.
7) Apply any damage (remember to increase it appropriately if amplified).
8) If attack was not blocked and if attack has any offensive abilities apply them now.
9) If the attacked player is reduced to 0 HP they are eliminated
10) Discard the card used offensively.
11) End Turn.

-c) Use an Active Special Power.
1) Place an active special power card in your special power area.
2) Apply any effects of this card.
3) Discard this card.
4) End Turn.

-d) Pass (only if last player didn't pass and you didn't pass on your last turn... you may ALWAYS pass if you have active elements)
1) End your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good! Very detailed, makes me happy you took the time to really digest and understand how the game works

I would add in -c) "3" that if your special card does not stay in play, discard it.

Some specials stay "in-play" until the end of the round, like Annex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've inspired me to re-write the rules in a more point form way like you have it.

There is definitely a steep learning curve to the game, though it's a rather short curve.

One thing I need to clarify is the order in which things are resolved. For instance.

Example:

Player A has Lightning Defense up with "Transmute" Power attached.

Transmute: If an element is blocked or amplified, it reactivates a random disabled element.

Player B attacks Player A with Water Offense.

(this is where I need to clarify the order of events so I'll do it here for now).

1)Resolve the Power card first and then discard if applicable.
2)Apply the damage/effects of the Offense and then discard it.
3)Discard the Element Defense + Power if applicable.

In this case it would play out like so:

1)Transmute activates = Random element is then activated. Transmute power then discarded.

2)Water offense is amplified against the Lighting Defense, resulting in 4 damage. Water Offense disables Fire or Lightning (fire in this case because lightning is currently in play as a shield). Active Fire Element disabled. Water Offense discarded.

3)Lightning Defense Card discarded.

Another thing to note is the order in which things are discarded because that relates to the use of lightning as a shield (reactivates last discarded card).
Let me know if you think there is anything unclear about that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.