Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Morning!

I just received King of Tokyo in the mail yesterday. I haven't played yet, but the Omnivore card is confusing to me, so much so, I have no clue whatsoever the intent of the card. I am probably over thinking it.

"Once each turn you can score 1, 2, 3 for 2 [stars]. You can also use these dice in other combinations."

Do they mean to say, "On each turn you can score 2[stars] when rolling 1, 2, 3? But then what the heck does "use these dice in other combinations" mean? I mean you have to have 3-of-a-kind to get points! Sooooooooo confusing to me.

Would anyone be so kind as to use this card in an example, showing both how to "score 1,2,3 for 2[stars]," and how to "use these dice in other combinations?"

Ages 8 and up? Um, yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say my roll is 1,1,1,2,3,heart.

I rolled the 1,2,3 to trigger omnivore. AND I can use the three 1s I rolled to gain normal victory points.

And if I had another card that said if you roll X, I could fulfill those requirements as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that you must STOP rolling/rerolling before triggering Omnivore. I had to explain to one player that just rolling the dice to get 1,2,3 does not entitle him to the points, whereupon he could pick up the dice and reroll. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Lets say my roll is 1,1,1,2,3,heart.

I rolled the 1,2,3 to trigger omnivore. AND I can use the three 1s I rolled to gain normal victory points.

And if I had another card that said if you roll X, I could fulfill those requirements as well.

Thank you. I believe I see the light.

Okay, so, in your example I score my 2 victory points because I rolled a 1,2,3, plus I score 1 more point because I rolled 3-of-a-kind on 1's? Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like you got it now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It gets even better with an extra head (or two)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.