Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amos
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the rules to play and had a question that I don't see a thread title concerning. The rules state:

"...if you have one diplomacy card of the planet type, you may spend the card as soon as you liberate the planet in order to befriend it and become allies."

Does this indicate that if you have a diplomacy card of the planet type, you may simply spend it upon liberation to automatically make that planet your ally without a die roll? Or is a die roll still required? And if it is required, may you choose to play multiple cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's automatic, no die roll needed. Instead of opening diplomatic relations from scratch, when you free them from their oppressors, it doesn't take as much diplomatic maneuvering for them to be your friend.

However, this only works if the planet was an "enemy" to the previous owner, and only if the planet doesn't already have an ally. If there is already an ally token on it, you cannot spend the card to do this.

- If the planet's previous owner was an ally to it, simply place an "enemy" token on it. You control it now as a conquerer.

- If the planet's previous owner just had an enemy token on top of another player's ally token, you remove the enemy token. You can choose to conquer it (putting it your own enemy token on it), or just liberate it (and just leave the other player's ally token).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my reading of the rule, but I wish the rules definitely clarified that this is a special ability type situation that supersedes the standard die rolling procedure! I could also see the reading that you undergo standard procedure despite not being stated outright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.