Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1) Does the faith on last rites count as a faith or do you need faith as the top keyword on other cards (like attend the weak).
So the question is: you can always hit the center (provided that there is no minion on the 3 square unless you are at an angle for LOS)
So you get to hit 1 as it is the faith from the acolyte base. Or 1 as well as 2 because of the last rites bolded faith.

2) since you need to be angled to hit 3 (provide i have 3 faith) can you choice the angle if it is diagonal? Or how do you choice where to assign the first extra hit?

Any clarification would be appriciated.
Thanks
Cheers
Lexen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - No, you do not get an automatic Faith with Last Rites.

2 - I'm not sure what the official rule is, but we've been relatively flexible with the first square hit and whether it goes CW or CCW. I'm not sure what you mean by diagonal, unless you're asking if you can choose to hit the 4 diagonals instead of the 4 orthogonals...in which case, I don't think you can.

i.e.
(just looking at target, and not Hero position or LoS)

X2X
3M1
X4X

OR

X2X
1M3
X4X

OR

X1X
2M4
X3X

^All okay with how we play.

2X3
XMX
1X4

^Not okay

Does that make sense? Again, some of that is just how we play, but I'm pretty sure diagonals are not meant to be allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, we haven't been playing this as okay, but I'm not convinced that it wasn't meant to be acceptable:

X3X
1M2
X4X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hajducko
United States
Newbury Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does that make sense? Again, some of that is just how we play, but I'm pretty sure diagonals are not meant to be allowed.

That's right - diagonals are not allowed for the orientation of the AoE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

Huh? I have been playing that any card with "Faith" on it, counts as a Faith card. I am out of town right now and don't have my game/rule book with me. But is this really correct?

Therefore, you would have a base Faith of 1 for the Acolyte and then 1 from Last Rites. Considering it is a 2 action point card, this would allow you to hit a base of 3 squares. Which matches up similarly to other AoE's, like Harvest of Bones, etc.

Also, as far as orientation, I have been playing that it always goes clockwise, like the card shows, but you can start from any rotated position in 90 degree increments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

Huh? I have been playing that any card with "Faith" on it, counts as a Faith card. I am out of town right now and don't have my game/rule book with me. But is this really correct?

Therefore, you would have a base Faith of 1 for the Acolyte and then 1 from Last Rites. Considering it is a 2 action point card, this would allow you to hit a base of 3 squares. Which matches up similarly to other AoE's, like Harvest of Bones, etc.

Also, as far as orientation, I have been playing that it always goes clockwise, like the card shows, but you can start from any rotated position in 90 degree increments.

For Last Rites, "Faith" isn't a standalone word at the top of the description like other "Faith" cards. Faith is simply mixed into the description when describing the fact that the card receives a bonus of of Faith. If there weren't so many gray areas, then I'd be 100% convinced that I'm right. With this game, however.....who knows.

As for the CW vs CCW, I'm not sure if there is anything official. That is 100% just my interpretation, partially based off of the idea that Harvest of Bones can be CW or CCW...and it is more fun.

I'm finding that the more I play the game, the less I care what the official answer is though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hajducko
United States
Newbury Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get Faith from cards that have the Faith as a keyword. Keywords are displayed above the card text by themselves.

Last Rites has the word Faith in its description, not as a keyword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
sjmh wrote:
You only get Faith from cards that have the Faith as a keyword. Keywords are displayed above the card text by themselves.

True, however it is bolded!
And there is another cards where it does count, think it is rage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lexen wrote:
sjmh wrote:

Yeah, but there isn't consistency between decks, and This Yoke is Heavy very specifically says in the description "This cards counts as Rage." Also, it is the only card in the Soldier Deck that counts as Rage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
sjmh wrote:
Quote:

That's right - diagonals are not allowed for the orientation of the AoE.

Maybe i explained wrong being diagonal...

X1X
4T2
X3X
---
--A

Or

X1X-
4T2-
X3X-
----
---A

-blank space
A acolyte
T targeted space

Quote:
X1X
4T2
X3X
---
-A-

Doesn't 3 blocks line of sight in this example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you got it right. You do need LoS to the center square, and minions will block your LoS (unless you have that really nifty blue item...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

X1X
4T2
X3X
---
--A

lets say the configuration was that he could only hit the target and monster 3 and 4, Could the acolyte have his back to the monsters and cast LR so it would land like this:

X3X
2T4
X1X

--A

He is wearing a blindfold after all, does it really matter which direction his mini faces? The monsters in this case could be behind him, in this case by changing the direction the mini is facing you could have 1 start in any of the orthogonal squares from the target.

This is the way I have been playing it and, and am much more satisfied with the versatility of the spell, while maintaining the clockwise mechanic.

As long as as any corner of his square can get to the corner of the targets square is the rule, not what direction the mini is facing, but I am not a miniatures war gamer, so maybe it's an unspoken rule that the mini face the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
lexen wrote:
sjmh wrote:

Yeah, but there isn't consistency between decks, and This Yoke is Heavy very specifically says in the description "This cards counts as Rage." Also, it is the only card in the Soldier Deck that counts as Rage.

In addition, there are a few item cards, mostly in the blue deck I think, that grant faith and indicate it with "+1 Faith". So I spent quite a bit of time looking through my action cards trying to figure out why none of them said "+1 Faith". I was assuming the bolded keyword at the top was a requirement, not a granted buff, and actually started to wonder if I was missing some cards.

I heard some talk about revising the cards. I couldn't tell if that was for real or not, but it would be nice if some of these mechanics were more intuitive, consistent, and covered by examples in the rulebook. I don't care if the book is 100 pages long if it contains what you need to know and makes the material easy to navigate around in.

I think these unique attributes of the heroes is a perfect example of where this game has genuinely good ideas in it that, due to aspects of the presentation, are being lost on even diehard players who like where Myth is coming from and enjoy complex games that are challenging to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, cards are being revised. They posted an update to now completed Myth Kickstarter, #114, I think. They will be adding some more keywords, like dodge, counterattack, and block. They say they'll be updating some of the text and gave a few examples.

I remain skeptical that they will fix all the problems, but they're really busy right now and haven't been responding to anything in a while. Time will tell.

In any case, the new cards will be available at cost when they Kickstart their next expansion, so it'll be more than a year from now before you can even start thinking of getting the fixes.

And there was no mention to fix the problems on the item cards, like you describe, and many others that have been identified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.