United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Bitches!
badge
Hourglass Nebula
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick sanity check for today's learning games. I played Northern Tracker such that a staging area location was explored and thus the staging area threat was reduced prior to quest resolution. In other words, I first committed Northern Tracker to discard the location and then committed other characters; when resolving the quest, I got the benefit of not having the fully explored location contribute it's threat. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct.

Just one little note: characters of a player are always committed all at once to the quest. The outcome is still the same, the explored (and therefore discarded) location does not contribute it's threat anymore.

[ This document helped me a lot to understand the detailed order of a turn and it's phases. ]

Edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sungrazer wrote:
Quick sanity check for today's learning games. I played Northern Tracker such that a staging area location was explored and thus the staging area threat was reduced prior to quest resolution. In other words, I first committed Northern Tracker to discard the location and then committed other characters; when resolving the quest, I got the benefit of not having the fully explored location contribute it's threat. Is this correct?

looks right,just remove the word 'first' when committing NTracker. Think of it like this:
"I committed characters to the quest, willpower = X, Northern trackers ability put 1 token on all locations in staging area, one location in the staging area was fully explored (resolve any effects of that exploration) and removed, revealed an encounter card, the staging threat = Y "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lichtenstein
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a related note, if a location in the staging area is removed due to effects like Northern Tracker (I presume there are others in expansions I don't yet have), does that location count as "explored"?

For example, Mountains of Mirkwood has a Travel "cost" and a benefit when it is "explored". Do players get it's benefit even if Mountains of Mirkwood was never an active location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, whenever a location leaves play due to having enough progress tokens, it is considered "explored".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.