Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Floyd
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
To use an Indian on the board or to power up a character card, it says I take them from my Expedition. In the section about assigning Indians to character cards, it says that these Indiand "still belong to your Expedition." Does this mean that if on one turn I use an Indian to power up a card, on the next turn can I use that same Indian for a board action or to power up my new character card? This seems unintuitive, but I can't see anything in the rules to disallow it. The alternative is that an Indian is stuck on a card it powers up until I Camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightgaunt wrote:
To use an Indian on the board or to power up a character card, it says I take them from my Expedition. In the section about assigning Indians to character cards, it says that these Indiand "still belong to your Expedition." Does this mean that if on one turn I use an Indian to power up a card, on the next turn can I use that same Indian for a board action or to power up my new character card? This seems unintuitive, but I can't see anything in the rules to disallow it. The alternative is that an Indian is stuck on a card it powers up until I Camp.

Meeples used to power cards or to activate village actions MUST come from your boats. You cannot touch meeples used to power cards until you camp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 4 of the second editon rules here on BGG clearly states that the Indians have to be taken from the expedition board

"(B) Indian figures taken from your Expedition: take 1, 2 or 3 Indian figures from your Expedition mini-board and place them on the card to activate"

The second editon rulebook is available for download on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mb
"Still belonging to your expedition" simply means that when you camp, those Indians on your cards go back to your boats; as opposed to the Indians you place in the Village, which may or may not come back to you, depending on who is the next player to play an Interpreter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
amacleod wrote:
"Still belonging to your expedition" simply means that when you camp, those Indians on your cards go back to your boats; as opposed to the Indians you place in the Village, which may or may not come back to you, depending on who is the next player to play an Interpreter.

This is a very interesting strategic point actually. If you are thinking about having a light load when you camp and not losing time then you must realize that you can lighten your load sending Indians to the village (eg. 3 at a time to the horse corral or the canoe maker) but any Indians that you have used to strengthen cards will come back when you camp and have to be counted. Every Indian you use on your cards will still be there when you camp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.