Happy International Tabletop Day!
“The Pirate Deck” is now fundraising on Kickstarter!
A few pieces of updated artwork have arrived and are now on the cards shown on the Kickstarter page. These art updates keep the light-hearted theme of the play-testing decks, but add uniformity to the game.
This quick pirate-themed card & coin game for the whole family has gotten a number of rave reviews in recent days:
There are a limited number of early birds slots available, so please swing by if you’re interested.
And we're live again!
The relaunch of the fundraising kickstarter can be seen at:
In the months since the last fundraising attempt, I have been working to make this new campaign more successful:
Funding Goal - Originally this was $14k. I think this was the main reason it failed.
1) Reduced the goal to $6k
2) Decided to absorb some of the previous out-of-pocket costs
3) Reduced the manufacturing costs (putting the cards & coins in the coin bag, rather than the cards/coins/bag in a game box - in the long run, this will hurt sales, but hopefully I'll overfund and be able to put the box back in the game via a stretch goal)
4) Reduced the print run (calculated new numbers based on a 500-print run vs. a 1,000-print run)
5) Negotiated a reduction on some of the art costs
6) Added a new super-deluxe version of the game (limited to 25) of extra-large gold doubloons and a wooden treasure chest to keep the game in
7) Adjusted the costs of the various levels
1) Found a much cheaper way to ship to non-US addresses (using a 3rd party shipper)
2) Made each backer add on the shipping individually (removing a bit of uncertainty regarding total pledge $)
1) Created a print-and-play version of the game for people to try out
2) Arranged for a new video review from Undead Viking
3) Paid for 3-4 more pieces of artwork from the artist
4) Created 20 deluxe play-testing decks (with the new artwork, and a nice coin pouch) and mailed them out to new reviewers
5) Continued building a support network of potential new backers
6) Signed up for a marketing plan via todayinboardgames.com
White Bear Lake
Missed the Kickstarter campaign but interested. Will the game be available for post Kickstarter buyers? If so, what price?
- Last edited Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:01 am (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:59 am