Popular Tags: [View All]
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.do you count victory coints when all players have played and the round finishes? Or do you count victory coins every time a player plays seperately? I thought the second but i saw a video on utube and now i dont know.

2.Its time to play and to conquer new regions. I think you can remove all your troops from a region if you want to right? What if you remove every tokens you have from every region? You start again by a territory on the edge of the board right? is this possible overall?
thnx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
pigasos15 wrote:
1.do you count victory coints when all players have played and the round finishes? Or do you count victory coins every time a player plays seperately? I thought the second but i saw a video on utube and now i dont know.

We always count them at the end of the round.

Edit: You should count them at the end of the round. It's possible for a player to destroy some of your tokens, causing you to lose regions which would otherwise earn you points! So, don't count until everyone has taken their turn.

... looks like we have a bit to learn too!

pigasos15 wrote:
2.Its time to play and to conquer new regions. I think you can remove all your troops from a region if you want to right? What if you remove every tokens you have from every region? You start again by a territory on the edge of the board right? is this possible overall?
thnx!

Correct, you can completely remove your troops. In that case, you must start a new invasion from one of the edges (just as if it were your first turn with a new race).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:
You should count them at the end of the round. It's possible for a player to destroy some of your tokens, causing you to lose regions which would otherwise earn you points! So, don't count until everyone has taken their turn.

Wrong. Each player scores at the end of his or her turn as described in the rulebook. Playing it your way would be a huge advantage to the last player to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. 100% sure you count after your own turn. The final player has an astonishing advantage otherwise, makes zero sense. You can't lose money outside of your turn. Might be some confusion over what "count victory coints" means though. You score and collect points at the end of your own turn. Rounds really mean nothing, they just track the number of turns played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah thats what i meant. when you actually take the coins from the box. I think you are right. It makes no sense that the last player can make you take nothing after all-or a lot less, and do that again and again! this stupid video haha.why guys talk about things they dont know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wow, we've been playing this wrong for a very long time. Glad to get set on the right track...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar 10101
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
On 2. yes you can also completely "abandon" one or multiple regions (is in the rules), i.e. for your active race also take away the last token in one or multiple regions so you have those tokens from that or those abandoned regions to use for a new attack. Any abandoned region will not count towards your scoring anymore obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.