Popular Tags: [View All]
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan. What's a brother got to do to get the promos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
The same thing I will be doing... begging and pleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
According to an email I got from Darwin, who replies from the support email address,
Quote:
"Many of the promo cards will be available for sale on Board Game Geek in the relatively near future and eventually on Amazon. These will include the mission cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish we knew what "near future" meant even from a ballpark standpoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this today. Wow I was blown away at how good it was for a quick game. Hoping to get some more cards would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Up in the Geek Store now!

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/star-realms-promo-set...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome, ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjun Sukumaran
India
Chennai
Tamil Nadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, ordered!

One question - we get Pirates of the Dark Star but not the Nemesis Beast cards? Are those coming separately or are they KS exclusive? (I know about the card images, just curious.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I ordered the set.

I noticed after my order was processed at the Boardgamegeek Store, my order still shows up in my cart. Shouldn't that have cleared out when the order processed. I received my confirmation email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:

I noticed after my order was processed at the Boardgamegeek Store, my order still shows up in my cart. Shouldn't that have cleared out when the order processed. I received my confirmation email.

That was probably a bug. But you might want to email then just in case!

I'm also interested about the nemesis card, I though the cruiser or whatever was a KS exclusive, but I think it's in the pack.

I know there are a few more promos, maybe they're going to make a promo pack two with nemesis? I'll buy it... So.... Do it? Now?

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
jrbentley wrote:

That was probably a bug. But you might want to email then just in case!

I'm also interested about the nemesis card, I though the cruiser or whatever was a KS exclusive, but I think it's in the pack.

I know there are a few more promos, maybe they're going to make a promo pack two with nemesis? I'll buy it... So.... Do it? Now?

:-)

Thanks. I logged out and back in, and it was ok....my cart showed empty.

(Then I realized that I have 2 sets of Star Realms, and I'd only ordered 1 Promo Set....so I had to order a second one! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure you need 2 sets of the promo. The coop and solo cards you only need one of. And if you only use one deck you really only need 1 of the other promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
I am not sure you need 2 sets of the promo. The coop and solo cards you only need one of. And if you only use one deck you really only need 1 of the other promo cards.

Hmmm, I thought the promo included other cards as well, and since I have 2 sets of the game, I would need an additional promo set for those other cards....Hmmm, must have read it wrong.

Oh well, my son-in-law likes the game a lot and I'll probably give my other set to him, along with the extra promo set.

Thanks,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
jgortner wrote:

Hmmm, I thought the promo included other cards as well, and since I have 2 sets of the game, I would need an additional promo set for those other cards....Hmmm, must have read it wrong.

Oh well, my son-in-law likes the game a lot and I'll probably give my other set to him, along with the extra promo set.

Thanks,
jrbentley

The cooperative and solo cards you're only going to need one of. but if you play with 2 sets of the game, I'd think to preserve balance, you'd need 2 sets of the promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very true.

However to note, some people (actually, all of the ones I spoke with) still use a single deck when playing despite the number of players.

often wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
jgortner wrote:

Thanks,
jrbentley

The cooperative and solo cards you're only going to need one of. but if you play with 2 sets of the game, I'd think to preserve balance, you'd need 2 sets of the promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bendit
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
This is very true.

However to note, some people (actually, all of the ones I spoke with) still use a single deck when playing despite the number of players.

How do you swing that? Do you use the starting decks from multiple packs, and a single trade deck? I've considered that before, since I don't think I've ever made it more than halfway through the trade deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ETA on Amazon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ainsworth
Canada
Carleton Place
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DBendit wrote:
Do you use the starting decks from multiple packs, and a single trade deck?

This is what my co-workers and I do. We nearly tapped out the trade deck during a five-player game, but not quite. Given that, we really only need one set of the promos, also- since it includes six gambits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
jgortner wrote:

Thanks,
jrbentley

It looks like the solo and co-op cards serve as specific boss "challenges" so wouldn't the solo and co-op cards and thus the rules for "Nemesis Beast" be different than those for "Pirates of the Darkstar?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagopsych wrote:
often wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
jgortner wrote:

Thanks,
jrbentley

It looks like the solo and co-op cards serve as specific boss "challenges" so wouldn't the solo and co-op cards and thus the rules for "Nemesis Beast" be different than those for "Pirates of the Darkstar?"

This is true, the rules on the back of each are pretty much the same, but on the front are different.

You can get a pack on Amazon for 10 bucks that has all 18 cards in it (promo packs one and two), but they are going to release a pack with nemesis on the geek store soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan N
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So Promo One came out a few weeks ago... Anyone know when the second pack will make an appearance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So this is out of stock on the geek store and the gambit set is no longer on amazon. Anywhere I can get this? Or restock coming soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Herren
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbobb wrote:
So this is out of stock on the geek store and the gambit set is no longer on amazon. Anywhere I can get this? Or restock coming soon?

I'd like to know too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent White Wizard games an email about this (i.e. how to obtain/reprints) a couple days ago, sadly no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:
I sent White Wizard games an email about this (i.e. how to obtain/reprints) a couple days ago, sadly no response.

I emailed them almost three weeks ago with the same question and have also heard nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.