Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got my own copy yesterday and I'm pretty happy with the quality of the components, especially the box!

I tried to run a game solo in scenario "Brigandooom" using Wizard (Eszren?)

My question is, when I encounter a monster and I decided to cast Lightning Touch.the card says use Arcane die + 2d4.
Meaning I pick d12 + 2d4 dice?

1. Should I still add my basic strength die? A d6?
2. If I have a quarterstaff, then I can add a d6?
3. What if after play for few rounds and I have no spells and weapons in hand, how do I attack?

Lastly, is there any place I can download the PDF version of all the compiled FAQ in Paizo.com?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mb
You could attack with the quarterstaff, but you'd likely rather use your spell. You would be d12+2 for your arcane, plus another 2d4 for your spell.

You are not using strength (you would be if you used the quarterstaff, but would add your strength die instead of arcane).

Remember when you use your spells, you can attempt to recharge them (see bottom of card). If you have to attack, can't evade, and have no weapons or spells, you simply use your strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
Lastly, is there any place I can download the PDF version of all the compiled FAQ in Paizo.com?

Paizo has completely rewritten the Rulebook to answer most FAQ. Just download the pdf:

http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventureCardGame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kclasing wrote:
You could attack with the quarterstaff, but you'd likely rather use your spell. You would be d12+2 for your arcane, plus another 2d4 for your spell.

You are not using strength (you would be if you used the quarterstaff, but would add your strength die instead of arcane).

Remember when you use your spells, you can attempt to recharge them (see bottom of card). If you have to attack, can't evade, and have no weapons or spells, you simply use your strength.

Meaning if I cast spell then I cannot use Weapon anymore and vice versa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
kclasing wrote:

Meaning if I cast spell then I cannot use Weapon anymore and vice versa?

You may only play one card that determines the die ("For your combat check, roll...") for the check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just noticed there are so many card has changes their effects in FAQ?!

OMG, How am I supposes to follow all that.
An example: Time of Knowledge, it says add dice to knowledge check. According to the card it should be able to play it on other players check. But Paizo has clarified that the text on the card should be written "add dice to your knowledge check" that "your" keyword can totally changes the card effect.

Damn with all these mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to PACG!

Tome of Knowledge should only have the word "your" added to the second power of the card. So it should be "...add a die to a Knowledge check...succeed at your Knowledge check."

Back to your original question: There are certain cards that "determine the die you are using" for the check. When you have to perform a combat check, since you don't have a combat skill, you have to play a card that says "For your combat check..." Or, the rulebook allows you to use Strenght or Melee if you don't play a "For your combat check..." card. So if you don't play a spell or weapon, you will have to use Ezren's Strength.

And, like CSouth said, you can only play one of the "determining" kind of cards, so you can't play Lightning Touch and Quarterstaff on the same check.

Here is a guide for new players you might find helpful. It gives some examples of the various rules:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101370/a-guide-for-new-pla...

Here are the "powers" errata formatted like the bottoms of the cards. If you sleeve your cards, they work great:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/99188/card-errata-drop-ins...

Here is a pdf of the errata, like you asked for:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98716/comprehensive-100-ca...

Here is a set of organizational accessories you might like:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98267/game-accessories-lay...

Enjoy your adventure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have casted a spell during combat check. Can I still cast another spell (Arcane Armor) during the damage dealing phase? Assuming I have lost to the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
If I have casted a spell during combat check. Can I still cast another spell (Arcane Armor) during the damage dealing phase? Assuming I have lost to the monster.

Normally you couldn't because damage is part of the check, but Arcane Armor and Mirror Image both received errata that allows them to be played even if you've already cast a spell during the check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.