Popular Tags: [View All]
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Son and I went to see it today. 2.5 hours, whew! It was good, sort of a cold war style movie, intrigue and such. some nice action shots and lots of punching. Didn't bog down like the last batman movie did. No sex, or nudity, just lots of comic book violence and some questions.

The biggest one I had, was when they went down down down an elevator into the ground and somehow ended up back at the surface with no explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I saw it today. It is one of the best of the Avenger series.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
With SHIELD pretty much gone what does that mean for the TV show?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
Son and I went to see it today. 2.5 hours, whew! It was good, sort of a cold war style movie, intrigue and such. some nice action shots and lots of punching. Didn't bog down like the last batman movie did. No sex, or nudity, just lots of comic book violence and some questions.

The biggest one I had, was when they went down down down an elevator into the ground and somehow ended up back at the surface with no explanation.

At which part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't just "good" - rottentomatoes has it at a super high 89% aggregate review score across the board and I'd fully agree with that score. It's VERY good.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:

All that's certain is that Joss Whedon has a plan there. And one the money men will have signed off on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Phil of Mars wrote:

At which part?

the part where they went down and saw all the old computers. then the missle came and blew up the room and they are at the surface where he carries widow away. did they get blown up to the top floor? They should have been buried under a ton of earth if the missle could even have hit them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
?? That wasn't terribly confusing, I didn't think. It was a pretty big missile, so my guess is that there was a bunch of upheaval or they just skipped showing them climbing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
After the explosion and the ceiling came down, I was thinking, How are they going to dig out of there? They went down in an elevator. Then as he stood, I saw sky. what the heck? Maybe it was a HUGE several stories deep crater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
After the explosion and the ceiling came down, I was thinking, How are they going to dig out of there? They went down in an elevator. Then as he stood, I saw sky. what the heck? Maybe it was a HUGE several stories deep crater.

I assumed the super human carried BW out of the hole and through the collapsed structure to safety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Phil of Mars wrote:

I assumed the super human carried BW out of the hole and through the collapsed structure to safety.

yeah but as he was picking her up, I saw sky... maybe I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not, bahahahahaha! You guys had me thinking I mis-saw something, but I got this off the imbd site for the movie. musta been a heck of a crater. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843866/

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I) (2014)
Goofs
Showing one item
Continuity
To reach the hidden SHIELD base Captain America descends scores of feet in an elevator, yet when the enemy arrive, they only have to drop six feet or so into the crater to reach the room he was in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
I am not, bahahahahaha! You guys had me thinking I mis-saw something, but I got this off the imbd site for the movie. musta been a heck of a crater. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843866/

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (I) (2014)
Goofs
Showing one item
Continuity
To reach the hidden SHIELD base Captain America descends scores of feet in an elevator, yet when the enemy arrive, they only have to drop six feet or so into the crater to reach the room he was in.

Oh, I didn't doubt what you saw, Phil. I recall that too. It's just an assumption that they did an edit there or a time-jump. I tend not to worry about that stuff too much, usually.

All I know, is that it was a super enjoyable and good movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yepp. Just saw it this weekend. It's easily one of the best marvel movies - definitely much better than Iron Man 3 ever was. Although the 3D was shit.

Cap & Widow make a cool team. And that little escalator scene will probably find it's way into plenty fan fiction works...

But the movie made me feel old. When they enter the secret base and Black Widow makes a Wargames reference, I was one of maybe 4 people in the whole cinema who still got the joke...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:
Yepp. Just saw it this weekend. It's easily one of the best marvel movies - definitely much better than Iron Man 3 ever was. Although the 3D was shit.

I thought that it was just my venue. it went from great, to really off a lot of times. But maybe I just wasn't looking at what they wanted me to see. Does anyone know if your take on the 3-d experience changes from where you sit in the theatre? I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

I agree about the movie. I forgot it was a superhero film several times. It's got that 70's James bond scope to it. A lot of times superhero movies feel like a one thought action stunt. This one had quite a lot to go over. I had to look up the easter eggs yesterday.
like the guy who got burned is crossbones (a cap villain), the girl who lives next door is someone who teams up with cap for quite a while in the books, zemo is baron zemo (for some reason I didn't make the connection, maybe because he's a fat old guy) etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I giggled at the Pulp Fiction homage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
My friends and I burst out laughing. We were at a sparsely attended showing and we were one of the few in the theater who actually got it. After the credits were done we had people asking us why we were laughing at that moment. (since it obviously wasn't funny unless you knew the joke)

I can't wait to see what this movie means for Agents of SHIELD and the rest of the Marvel movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:

Watch and find out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:

I guess I missed that one. What was it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
1 Lucky Texan wrote:

I guess I missed that one. What was it?

When Cap and Falcon are at Nick Fury's grave the headstone reads "The path of the righteous man... Ezekiel 25:17"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm....I suppose since it was Samuel Jackson it could've been a reference but I think it was actually just simply aimed at Nick Fury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Hmm....I suppose since it was Samuel Jackson it could've been a reference but I think it was actually just simply aimed at Nick Fury.
I must disagree.

First, considering how many bible verses or tombstone sayings there are to pick from that would be quite a coincidence.
But mainly there is the fact that Ezekiel 25:17 doesn't actually contain the words "The path of the righteous man". Tarantino "expanded" the verse to fit the character of Jules. So the only reason to include those particular words in reference to that verse would be as an homage to Jackson's lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, interesting. Humorous then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked it, but I think I was expecting a little more given the early reviews and the basic premise. More paranoia and character stuff (perhaps at the cost of a few of the action scenes), would not have hurt. I also would have like more actual time with the Winter Soldier.

Also, stupid place to put your main computer on you flying death platforms. It's a Galaxy Quest pointless corridor of death-type thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Seems an odd time of year to release a "Summer Blockbuster" sort of movie.

I guess they have to space them out a bit with spiderman, x-men, etc.

(Although July looks kind of "light")?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't mind that. It sucks when you can look at the current movie list and there are always either 10 or zero good movies on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.