Popular Tags: [View All]
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more pics from FFP over on their Facebook page from Seattle 4/5/2014 demo. Nothing detailed though, will have to wait and see if someone caught a video etc...

https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, the wings on that bottom-right Hell Bat don't look properly applied. Seems like there might be a need for some snap-fit assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned by Autoduelist in his new thread, it seems like these are 3D sculpts and not final figures
Ex Nihilo wrote:
Huh, the wings on that bottom-right Hell Bat don't look properly applied. Seems like there might be a need for some snap-fit assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully some BGG folks attended and can give us a solid rundown in the coming days.

And they give us a giant info-dump update.

And a pledge manager.

And ponies. Like, just bloody do it! FFP, stop being coy and just give up the goods!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
There was another player taking pictures with an iPad and I asked if they were documenting the session. I'm not sure where the session report will show up.

There wasn't any time to go into the campaign system which I suspect is what most backers are interested in. The play sessions started at 2:30 but I was only able to arrive at 3:15 because of a huge jam on I-5 before the convention center going all the way up to Denny. I wasn't expecting that kind of traffic on a weekend.

Here's some additional tidbits I can offer:

- There will be rules for outposts, including the Outer Worlds.

- Some game scenarios can be tweaked for length of play. For instance, the scenario "A Fist full of Darkstone" requires players to find 3 caches of Darkstone. It could be shorted to find 1 cache if the players wanted a 45 minute game

- The first level up occurs at 500 XP. Most players were averaging between 200-400 XP for the scenario being played.

There weren't any rulebooks to be reviewed. Gameplay consisted of Flying Frog employees facilitating gameplay and explaining game concepts as people sat down. It was pretty loud between 3-5:30 so most of what I picked up was during my play session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enie wrote:
A few more pics from FFG over on their Facebook page from Seattle 4/5/2014 demo. Nothing detailed though, will have to wait and see if someone caught a video etc...

Note it is Flying Frog Productions (FFP) not Fantasy Flight Games (FFG) making this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the catch , will fix typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, the ever elusive rule book. Many souls search for it. Few believe it exists. whistle
Autoduelist wrote:

There weren't any rulebooks to be reviewed. Gameplay consisted of Flying Frog employees facilitating gameplay and explaining game concepts as people sat down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
- There will be rules for outposts, including the Outer Worlds.

That's interesting. I wonder what you can do at an outpost. I assume buy/sell items (or henchmen?) and maybe rest.

Quote:
- Some game scenarios can be tweaked for length of play. For instance, the scenario "A Fist full of Darkstone" requires players to find 3 caches of Darkstone. It could be shorted to find 1 cache if the players wanted a 45 minute game

Cool! I love the name of the mission. Did you see any other missions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
During my conversation with Scott he mentioned another mission "Find my Boy" where the heroes enter the mine looking for a lost child. I wasn't able to get any details about the outposts.

Jason was quick to point out that you aren't seeing all the cards in the box sets. Some of the cards they used were paper stand-ins because the final artwork wasn't done and other cards weren't available for the demo. Many of the demo pictures show a game box but it's only got the cover art. The sides and back are blank.

It took Flying Frog 10 years before they released their first game - Last Night on Earth. The games they release have been under development all that time, being play tested internally so the rules are complete.

Scott mentioned that they can't catch all the corner cases for card combinations, particularly when something changes with expansion cards, but he left me with the impression that he and Jason approve of fans finding wild combinations and exploiting them. If something gets really out of hand they'll FAQ it but for the most part, they view luck as an important part of the storytelling in their games. Scott specifically mentioned duct-taping two weapons together in Last Night on Earth and the Hero card allowing heroes to throw items like tossing the lighter to the hero holding the dynamite on the last turn of the game.

Here's one example from SOB: a player in my game had a rifle that allowed an extra attack if they killed a monster. They fired and killed a monster. So they fired again and killed a monster. Then they asked if they could fire again - as worded - or whether that would be overpowered. A quick consultation among the Flying Frog staffers and they came back with, "Yes shoot again. That's how it's supposed to work." So one could imagine a scenario where the hero rushes in and clears a room courtesy of a hot streak rolling the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was taking pictures the whole time with my DSLR, and am currently uploading them to BGG. I took pictures of everything from map tiles, to the miniatures, to character sheets and starting items. I also had the Flying Frog staff hand me decks of cards as we were going through things, so I have pictures of the loot decks, threat decks, scavenge decks, map tile decks, ect..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there taking pictures with my Nexus 7. I'll be writing up a report of the rules / gameplay and posting the pics with captions this week as time permits.

Quick Summary:
The game played very smoothly and was a blast to play. It played pretty much how I expected, although the final fight was tougher than I expected (which isn't a bad thing). All the characters were useful.

The models were all MASTERS, either 3-d printed or resin, depending on whether they were sculpted (resin) or digitally designed (3d printed). Still, they were pretty impressive with some amazing detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.