• [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whichever makes the most sense. I think this is one of those 'however you want to do it' type of things.

I'd bring them in on the edge of the tile it makes the most sense for depending on the Story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Whichever makes the most sense. I think this is one of those 'however you want to do it' type of things.

I'd bring them in on the edge of the tile it makes the most sense for depending on the Story.

Here is why i bring it up.

I'm playing on an epic tile 24x12. I have 4 serendipity tokens. I'm about half way through the tile working towards the other end. If I summon Marcus the Ready, and he enters where the heroes entered the tile, it will take him forever to make it to where the action is. If i summon him next to a hero that does not make sense thematically, It's like I just pulled him out of my pocket and place him next to a mini boss. Summoning him anywhere on the tile is just plain silly. The best solution would be to summon him to a any tile edge adjacent to the closest hero. But i'd rather this just be decided for me in the rules then figure out what makes the most sense.

I don't mind the "However I want to play it" answer, but i'd rather decide to house rule an official rule and play it how i want rather then just make rules that are incomplete.

Many questions i'm coming up with is anyones best guess, because there is no one (or few) in the player community that knows the answer or knows where to find it.

Hopefully the developers are keeping an eye on these threads, and will shed some light on these topics for those of us who are in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

Here is why i bring it up.

I'm playing on an epic tile 24x12. I have 4 serendipity tokens. I'm about half way through the tile working towards the other end. If I summon Marcus the Ready, and he enters where the heroes entered the tile, it will take him forever to make it to where the action is. If i summon him next to a hero that does not make sense thematically, It's like I just pulled him out of my pocket and place him next to a mini boss. Summoning him anywhere on the tile is just plain silly. The best solution would be to summon him to a any tile edge adjacent to the closest hero. But i'd rather this just be decided for me in the rules then figure out what makes the most sense.

I don't mind the "However I want to play it" answer, but i'd rather decide to house rule an official rule and play it how i want rather then just make rules that are incomplete.

Many questions i'm coming up with is anyones best guess, because there is no one (or few) in the player community that knows the answer or knows where to find it.

Hopefully the developers are keeping an eye on these threads, and will shed some light on these topics for those of us who are in the dark.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a rule, but I wouldn't be surprised if 'what makes the most sense' is MCG's answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron R
United States
Centrville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The event is serendipitous. Marcus arriving by the same path that the heroes followed, only to watch them die while he was still to far away to help isn't much in the way of a serendipitous outcome. Marcus coming in from the opposite direction to lend his sword at a desperate moment, on the other hand, is. Clearly this doesn't work out to the sort of authoritative rule you're looking for, but in a game about stories I think bringing Marcus in close to the action makes the most sense as a use of serendipity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.