Popular Tags: [View All]
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if a treasure pops on a square that already contains a treasure?

1. There are now 2 treasures on one square

2. Move the treasure to an adjacent square

3. The 2nd treasure does not pop

If it is #1

Will it still require 2 non combat actions to pick up both treasures or just one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only ruling I've seen is if treasure would pop in an area that is not accessible it would pop adjacent. I've never had the pop 2 in one space come up as you usually have a choice of multiple squares when treasures pop so I've always spread them out. I would presume if you had 2 in one square it would take 2 actions to pick them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I dont think it would happen.

Consider this:

IF you kill 3 minions and 1 captain with an aoe. One treasure would be under a captain and one under the third minion killed.

I can't think of a situation where you would get 2 treasures in one place.

It can if you pop a treasure and then pop another later in the same place.

I would say that it goes to the same place and requires 1 mp per treasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is a play it how you want type of thing. We've been popping them in adjacent squares...

If we popped them in the same square, then I think it would take 2 NCAs to pick them up.

(We're also not playing with the implied official ruling that Heroes are only allowed 1 NCA per turn...because I think it's annoyingly silly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rickman
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2MP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
mfaulk80 wrote:

(We're also not playing with the implied official ruling that Heroes are only allowed 1 NCA per turn...because I think it's annoyingly silly)

I'll be playing with it in relation to traps, but I think that is it. And I also think that is the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

I'll be playing with it in relation to traps, but I think that is it. And I also think that is the intent.

Even then, I don't like it, but that is influenced by the fact that all of my plays have been 2p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
I'm sure this is a play it how you want type of thing. We've been popping them in adjacent squares...

If we popped them in the same square, then I think it would take 2 NCAs to pick them up.

I do not believe it wasever an official ruling that heroes are limited to one NCA per HC. Some people chose to interpret it that way as it had the word action in it.

Picking up treasure takes 1 MP and so does and NCA to disarm a trap.

I do not think anyone it is clearly stated so Consider :-

1. You need to spend a 1 MP per NCA to give a D10 the only restriction (in official FAQ).

2. Hero Action Cards played can Buff the no of dice for NCA, these all reference NCA and are on page 55 of the Rulebook.

3. Sprint and Hustle increase the movement distance they do not provide extra MP. As do Riding the edge etc.

4. Nowhere does it state that a NCA requires an action card play.

So basically you could make a number of attempts at a NCA based on a Hero's MP - currently 2.

All the cards impacting movement seem to add distance and not MP - you could use them to move e.g. 0 MP expended + hustle = move 2 squares and then do 2 seperate attempts expending 2 MP, Your Base MP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolfe Bergstrom
msg tools
mbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
All the cards impacting movement seem to add distance and not MP - you could use them to move e.g. 0 MP expended + hustle = move 2 squares and then do 2 seperate attempts expending 2 MP, Your Base MP.

Pretty sure the Hustle card specifically says "+2 MP" on it. Just sayin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R_b_bergstrom wrote:
Starman54 wrote:

Pretty sure the Hustle card specifically says "+2 MP" on it. Just sayin'.

I think you are correct, with Myth the card info is really a reminder , I was working from the text explanations in the Hero Reference. :-

(+2) Move.
This Action/Reaction card increases the number of squares a Hero can move by +2. If this ability is used the Hero is considered to be Aggressively Moving.

Hopefully someone from MGC chips in - the FAQ update was insufficient to define how many NCA attempts were allowed and the other posts on this subject were hijacked in a new direction (all to commmon for Myth) or sidetracked to a definition of action.

Hopefully MGC will take up some of the offrs made to improve the consistancy of terms and the rules.I think there are only a few areas left to tighten up on and this is one of them e.g. MP verses move bonus.

In my view it doesn't seem in theme to iuse hustle or sprint to disarm a trap whereas spending time (MP) does,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

Even then, I don't like it, but that is influenced by the fact that all of my plays have been 2p.

If the rule hinders everyone's fun, obviously you should veto the rule.

As far as the ruling goes, though, I seem to remember on the official forums that Kenny stated you can only have 1 NCA per Hero per HC that "does something". Disarming and picking up treasure would be "doing something". Courage tests are an example of a NCA that "doesn't do anything".

However, I believe Kenny's 1 NCA per turn ruling was later overturned by Brian. I think this is where some confusion comes from. The traps that have a limit actually state it and that part is clear. You could also imply that the limit is true for all traps. I play this way (2p games) just to make things a little more interesting and to keep it simple. I just don't think it's right to hustle twice to get 6 attempts to disarm a trap.

But you can be standing on a treasure and both attempt to disarm and pick the treasure up on the same turn. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.