Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Has anyone seen the tuck box edition? How small is it? What did you think of that format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the legit Chinese War Club edition and it's really neat. The game is really just a deck of cards. I like the price AND the space that it saves me. Although if you want to display with the gryphon "book" series then the mid size box looks nicer on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Grantz
United States
Bel Aire
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The tuck box editions of the Gryphon Bookshelf series of games are really neat and perfect for travel. The quality of the cards are just as good as they are in the bookshelf series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just got the Gryphon tuck box ("travel") edition from the BGG store for $8. (Yes, $8!)

The cards are full poker size 2.5"x3.5". Good stock, good finish. The rules are printed on 8 additional cards (one side each!) instead of a paper rulesheet, kind of a waste IMO.

IIRC the regular edition had thicker cardboard for the non-money cards, like plaques; in this edition they are exactly like the other cards, just a different color back.

The sleeved cards do NOT fit in the tuckbox. I need to get a new deck box for them.

Pretty damn good price for the game, all in all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.