Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Kate - want to use at a Tournament this week rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Ker
msg tools
mbmbmb

Identity:
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (13)
Diesel (Core #34) x3
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control #52) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Scavenge (Creation and Control #34) x3
Escher (Creation and Control #31) x1

Hardware (11)
Clone Chip (Creation and Control #38) x3
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core #38) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof #107) x2
Desperado (Core #24) x2 ■■■

Program (16)
Atman (Creation and Control #40) x2
Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control #44) x2
Deus X (A Study in Static #66) x1
Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control #46) x3
Sharpshooter (True Colors #67) x2
Femme Fatale (Core #26) x1 ■
Datasucker (Core #8) x2 ■
Parasite (Core #12) x2 ■■
Corroder (Core #7) x1 ■■

Resource (5)
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow #91) x2
Daily Casts (Creation and Control #53) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 8
Criminal: 7
Shaper: 53

i trying to get ready for a tournament on Saturday and was looking for some input into this deck. (NB. i will not have double time before Saturday and i don't think anyone else will)

this deck is some what based on the Kate bltiz deck that Lysander put on stimhack (http://forum.stimhack.com/t/kate-blitz/764). i started with that deck (which was great, but it better to have a deck that you feel better with) and changed a few things to fit my liking. since my changes i haven't lost a game (OCTGN 5-0, 1 Jinteki - RP, 2 Weyland and 2 non-FA HB), i just haven't been able to vs someone with a Fast Advance deck yet.

basically i want to run and run until i have to install a program and then run some more. Atmans are used like the fem to stop that one piece of annoying ice. Scavenge helps that.

so i either break, Atman (or fem), or destroy (by parasite) every piece of ice.

any thoughts or questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Houston
msg tools
Actually looks quite solid. I recommend one Magnum Opus. Very helpful against NBN in order to afford to trash all those San Sans, and you might get your resource econ blown up anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Looks pretty solid. You are always welcome to join in the discussion too if you wish! I see you have three Scavenges; do you find they are a key part of your strategy? I think you may want to try Tinkering, as it'll help your aggression. And as stated, one MO just in case might be a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No test run? Femme is its best buddy for those 'I need in NOW' moments, and obviously it goes great with Scavenge as well. I'd really consider dropping a cypher and sharpshooter to get a couple in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty solid. I ran a similar Kate deck with recurring parasites, going 5-0 at a tourney recently. I wouldn't worry too much about NBN fast advance, as the parasites love to kill the weak NBN ice and the R&D interfaces wreck NBN's ability to find things before you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.