Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading through the rules posted on Kickstarter and the part about refilling the assembly line is unclear. It says to shift the cards to the left, but it doesn't say if this makes the cards that were already out cheaper or more expensive. So which is it? Do cards that previously cost discards become free/cheaper or do cards that were previously free now cost discards?

Thanks in advance. (By the way, a game about pie is genius.)

edit: spelling mistake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. There is a set order to price on the assembly line. The ones further out are always cheaper.

As stated in the rules...

"Depending on the number of players the number of Ingredient cards that are free when drafting changes. It's always equal to the number of players minus one, so in a four-player game, the first three cards are free to draft. The next two cards always cost a discard of one card from the hand. And the last card (closest to the Ingredient Deck) always costs a discard of two cards from the hand."

Pie factory looks like it'll be a lot of fun - I'm looking forward to its release, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I understood that part. That wasn't what I was asking. I'm talking about the part of the rules under the heading "4. Fill the Assembly Line". It's at the end of a round when you move the ingredient cards no one chose. It says:

"Shift all the Ingredient Cards in the Assembly Line to the left and refill spaces from the top of the Ingredient Deck. If no cards were drafted this turn, any cards that would have been free to draft are discarded (3 cards for 4 players, 2 cards for 3 players, 1 card for 2 players), then cards shift and refill normally."

Do you move them so they are cheaper the next round or so they are more expensive? Cheaper seems to make sense to me, but it is not explicitly stated. And that would only be to the left for people on one side of the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there! Sorry for the confusion. I've actually reworded that section of the rules since they were put up on the Kickstarter. In the new rules I explain that you set up the Assembly Line to the right of the Ingredient Deck. That way, when you shift cards to refill the line, they are actually getting cheaper. I'll make sure to take one more look at the rules before they go to the printer.

Thanks and if you have any other questions, just ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the new wording:

Quote:
4. Fill the Assembly Line
Shift all remaining Ingredient Cards in the Assembly Line down (away from the deck) and refill spaces from the top of the Ingredient Deck. If no cards were drafted this turn, any cards that would have been free to draft are discarded (3 cards for 4 players, 2 cards for 3 players, 1 card for 2 players), then cards shift and refill normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! This is a lot clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious as to why the assembly line isn't arranged with low scoring cards further away from the drawpile instead of random?

Though I guess the time element dictating turn order counters my concern of high value cards appearing cheaper in the assembly line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.