Subject: Those Shapeshifters...wow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They can REALLY become powerful. Not only do you have to worry about what Smash Up already forces you to watch, now you have to stay on top of whats in play so the Shapeshifters dont copy it. Had a friend DESTROY us last night by copying the Zombie Lord a couple times. Seems it will take some time to figure out how to handle them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Hehe yeah my first Shapeshifter game was pretty cool too. I was Dino Shapeshifters. I managed to pull off this really really neat combo for the win where I Played King Rex on a base that already had Doppelganger on it. King Rex added enough power to break it but before the base broke I played Cellular Bonding (Basically play on a minion, copy a card that's been played on another minion) and copied Flying Monkey (Grants the associated minion a 1 time use of First Mate's ability). When the base Broke I moved King Rex to another base and used the Doppelganger's ability (which triggers when he's discarded from a base) to get a Mimic (copy printed power of a minion... who was it I just played again :p) which let me add 14 power to a base where I originally had none letting me break that base too in first place for the win.

It seems their biggest weakness is they are in danger of running out of minions but copying the Zombie Lord would reduce the danger of that by a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the TIMING of when the Zombie Lord copy happens is important. Start of game maybe not a big deal, but when it comes towards the end, it can really hurt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played them with Aliens in a 3 player game for great effect.
I won 15 against 7 and 6.
I scored 12 points from the alien that gains 1VP for coming into play.
(I opened with G.E.L.F, using it's ability to search the alien and put it into play, using a shapeshifter action to destroy it and search for the other one.
I managed to take them back into my hand with Alien cards, I managed to get them back from the discard pile (copycat for the 4 power zombie minion).

My other 3 points were form being 3rd at the bases the other players scored.
I was lucky many times (also for having someone play zombies), but with that luck, I was generating victory points too fast for my opponents to keep up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.