Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've just taken the plunge into this game. One thing that still isn't clear to me (after hours of reading rules and errata and 85 pages of threads) is how using other Hero's potions works. Specifically, let's say the Paladin's Heal potion ability:

Can the Paladin use any other Hero's potion to trigger his own potion ability on himself or any other Hero?

Meaning, can he use the Ranger's potion to heal the Mage, for example, regardless of where anyone is in the dungeon?

I guess I am confused about who gets to use which potion counters, and which potion abilities, and when.

What if the Ranger is the only one holding a potion counter, and the Paladin wants to heal the Mage with his own potion ability? What are the options?

Can someone please clarify? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
I'll try to keep it simple:

Potion tokens have the potion abilities of whoever the token is on. The tokens are not trade-able.

Heroes can drink other peoples potions, but the token is still taken from that other hero so it still has the other heroes potion ability.

Edit: And new rules are coming including a new type of potion.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1257458293/super-dungeo...

Edit2: Enhanced the wording more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Just to clarify as well: there is no way to "trade" potion counters between characters, correct? So if the Paladin has no potion counters, no one will be able to use Elixir until he acquires a potion counter through attacks, correct?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raolin wrote:
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Just to clarify as well: there is no way to "trade" potion counters between characters, correct? So if the Paladin has no potion counters, no one will be able to use Elixir until he acquires a potion counter through attacks, correct?

Thanks again!

The first bit is correct. But whenever you roll a potion it can be given to any hero. So the Barbarian could roll a potion with her attack but the Paladin could pick it up so it's not just through the heroes own attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks for the clarifications. Off to start my second game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Raolin wrote:
there is no way to "trade" potion counters between characters, correct?
Candy's Vending Machine ability allows her to move one of her potion counter onto another character within range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Neill
United States
Jacksonille
NC
flag msg tools
Second game? Hey, welcome to the SDE community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.