Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any thought being put towards faction on faction within the AI of the Mercs: Recon system? It's not listed in the rules, and would be covered under the regular Mercs:TT game for multiplayer, but I might be mostly soloing this one if I were to purchase it.

I'm thinking about when you come onto the floor of your building and there's a team deployed to defend against you, or vice versa: you're deployed defensively to hunt down a team as they make their incursion.
Essentially, I'm looking for more than just the regular security forces (even high level ones)

Any thoughts being put in that direction that I've missed since I just started looking at this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sigrdrifa wrote:
I'm thinking about when you come onto the floor of your building and there's a team deployed to defend against you, or vice versa: you're deployed defensively to hunt down a team as they make their incursion.
Essentially, I'm looking for more than just the regular security forces (even high level ones)

I asked a similar question in the kickstarter comments and was told that security force IV would be represented by other megacorp teams. I don't know if that means they will use the teams custom stats or simply the miniatures but its cool that the building eventually calls in a professional team to deal with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since here are currently no SecFor IV figures included, I think using the provided other faction's figures is the intended work around, but think they will use the generic SecFor IV stats and not behave with the capabilities and actions one would expect from a rival MERC squad.

We'll see. There are a lot of unknowns right now, but still 11 or so days for them to become knowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. Any other info anyone else has would be cool.

Been thinking already about a metagame, I suppose inspired by scenes from Ghost in the Shell SAC and from the most recent Dredd outing, where we have a campaign where the idea is to get into a building and get out with your objectives, but those objectives take more than one floor to accomplish. As the security level goes up, it stays up for all the levels you are going to.

Interesting thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did say that the game would have a head to head mode, for MERCS teams,... But it is not in the bet rules document.

Indeed,... The second MERCS team will stand in for the SecFor IV minis until those are unlocked later,... Hopefully those are soon after $500k :/

There is already art for one of the SecFor IV poses. And they have their own stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.