Subject: Pod sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally took the plunge in getting into this one. Moving to a new area with actual players helped

Amid the joys of sleeving 1000 or so cards cry I went looking for storage options. I didn't want to go the binder route, because the in and out is a pain, and I'm going for an online browsing option. I did want to keep the cards together - one of the guys who got me into it printed and hand folded/taped envelopes, which was great for storing each pod. I was looking for something a little less labor-intensive though, and ended up with these:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/400651/Office-Depot-Br...

The bags have a writeable stripe, and if you cut the top of the bag off across the top of that stripe, it's basically the perfect size for holding 12 cards with FFG sleeves. They work fine for 6 too, if a bit loose, but I figured a majority of the time you'll be using both copies of a pod in a deck, so why not keep them together? Also, the stripe is only on one side, which leaves the objective clear to read, and you could easily write pod numbers on the stripe for quick numeric searches.

Overall, very happy with the solution. Makes organizing and finding pods very easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hhhmmmm....

I was just about to pick up a whole bunch of 9 slot pages and 2 Binders (! white and 1 black )

But now this...

Maybe...maybe you have convinced me...

Aarrgghhh!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep meaning to grab the 18 pocket pages that are kicking around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the ultra pro pro-binders and run the pods across the rows. You get three pods on each spread. Makes it great to review your pods and build decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
I use the ultra pro pro-binders and run the pods across the rows. You get three pods on each spread. Makes it great to review your pods and build decks.

I've just done the exact same thing this weekend. Took ages to sleeve the cards and put them into the binder, but worth it in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wasn't really trying to start another debate on how to store them, mostly suggesting a good option for those who store them as pods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buhallin wrote:
Wasn't really trying to start another debate on how to store them

I see no debate. Just people contributing thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United States
Beaver Dam
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincher wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

I've just done the exact same thing this weekend. Took ages to sleeve the cards and put them into the binder, but worth it in the end.

Just got a bunch of these cards and am looking for a way to store them as well. Are you saying that sleeved cards fit into the binder sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cjv5 wrote:
pincher wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

Just got a bunch of these cards and am looking for a way to store them as well. Are you saying that sleeved cards fit into the binder sheets?

They will fit in the pockets, yes. You have issues with it closing due to the thickness added by the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
cjv5 wrote:
pincher wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

They will fit in the pockets, yes. You have issues with it closing due to the thickness added by the sleeves.
It will also depend on the exact sleeves. Fantasy Flight sleeves in particular are quite large compared to most other brands and may not fit in most binders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scwont wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
cjv5 wrote:
pincher wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

It will also depend on the exact sleeves. Fantasy Flight sleeves in particular are quite large compared to most other brands and may not fit in most binders.

As per the question, regarding the Ultra Pro binders referenced in my original quote, they do fit in that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies as the photo was taken from my phone, so it's not the greatest. This is the Ultra Pro Pro-Binder with FFG clear and Star Wars art sleeves being used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.